460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed sometimes 1 or 2 people that are on the site as a user that is "hidden" (vs "registered" or "guest"). How does somone signin as a hidden user?, Is this how the spammers get in? Or is it just an Administrator/Moderator thing?

·
Registered
515 Posts
I don't know, but I just saw the newest user was "cheapdrugs"

I would vote for Chilly making people have to get approval before joining, but he would have to have the time to do it. EIther that or open up to a few moderators to police that sort of thing. I belong to a very "exclusive" site, with 100 users, every one is approved, and the only way to even sign up is to get an invite. Keeps the garbage level very low.

John.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Hidden User

Hidden user just means you or someone isnt loged on to the site.

You can access the forum and visit all the sites without being loged on but you can't post unless you log on.

Gregg

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Phil said:
Setting is your profile page. Guest is unlogged
D'oh, it figures I wouldn't notice that it was a function setting in the profile. :oops:

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
I'm a hidden user. Plus I have noticed a couple of others that are hidden. The only reason I do it is because, I don't want "Lurkers" knowing when I am on.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
One reason some members use the Hidden User option is that they are logged in at work and not able to be around the computer all the time, there fore someone will not think there viewing the forum and wonder why they are not responding to a question that was directed to them.

·
Registered
269 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
I like the one that list eating as their interest, I can comprehend. :)

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
My guess is these guys wouldn't know a BBF if it hit them in the face.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts