460 Ford Forum banner

21 - 40 of 280 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Re: dum/basic question!

zephyrbob said:
paul, i am working on a 73 stocker swapped into a zeph. i have a truck pan. would it be wise to run one of your prepped oil pumps? i need a new one anyway. my concern would be the limited volume the truck pan offers with the possibiblity of it being empty at the end of the quarter mile. in other words all the oil not drainning back fast enough. thanks for your insight. bob netherland

ps 327 geared street cruiser 13 flat is goal.
The Stage 1 rear sump pump would work fine in your application and not drain your pan in the quarter mile, nor would it do so for long distances down the freeway, around town, etc. We've run them succesfully in street builds for tens of thousands of miles and have run them in motors that have a 6-quart pan and run a sustained 5000+ rpm without any issues.

Give me a call and we'll work out a deal.

Paul

·
Registered
445 Posts
stage 1/rear sump

Paul, I have a D9 block, would the stage 1 pump work with it or do I have to modify the block? I'ld like to go solid roller but i'm wondering about my valve train getting good oiling when I drive it around the block a couple of times.
thanks Paul

·
Premium Member
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Re: stage 1/rear sump

tconnection said:
Paul, I have a D9 block, would the stage 1 pump work with it or do I have to modify the block? I'ld like to go solid roller but i'm wondering about my valve train getting good oiling when I drive it around the block a couple of times.
thanks Paul
The Stage 1 and Stage 2 oil pumps can work fine with your D9TE block or any other production block, A460 block, A96 Block, Boss block, and any Eliminator block.

All production blocks have a .500" (1/2-inch) diameter oil gallery at the oil pump pad. Our pumps have a .5625" (9/16-inch) diameter exit gallery. You may bolt the oil pump to the pad as-is or enlarge your gallery at the oil pump pad to 9/16" easily enough (and recommended).

Paul

·
Premium Member
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Lol Ralph, you don't owe me an apology! Pleased to be of assistance; payment received and your item will be shipped this coming Monday.

Thanks for your business,

Paul

·
Premium Member
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
busuopn,

Our Stage 1 and Stage 2 prepped pumps are essentially the same external configuration as the oem Melling high volume oil pumps. Therefore, it ought to clear/not clear any aftermarket brand girdle as much as the typical M84DHV pump.

Bear in mind that this may or may not mean that come grinding on your girdle may be needed to for clearancing, just as would an out-of-the-box unmodified Melling pump in some cases. Or it may not, depending on girdle brand, etc. This is just part of custom engine building.

Feel free to give me a call and I'll be happy to discuss your build and together we can select the best pump for you, Stage 1 or Stage 2.

Paul

·
Registered
382 Posts
paul im wondering if i do your oil mods for oil feed on dist gear will this affect my oil pressure,and do you think its needed for a car that wont see much street time has soild roller and bronze gear. if pressure is affected would your stage 2 pump be able to keep the preesure up?

·
Premium Member
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
spyder70 said:
paul im wondering if i do your oil mods for oil feed on dist gear will this affect my oil pressure,and do you think its needed for a car that wont see much street time has soild roller and bronze gear. if pressure is affected would your stage 2 pump be able to keep the preesure up?
Spyder,

The oil mod you are asking about hardly affects oil pressure, if at all. Remember that you have 16 pushrod leaks, 16 lifter bore leaks, 8 rod bearing leaks, 5 main bearing leaks, 5 cam bearing leaks, the dizzy shaft leak, plus the front timing gear leak...well over 50+ "oil leaks" in your engine! Will one more make a significant difference in oil flow or oil pressure loss? 8)

The small amount of oil that exits the dizzy gear passage is so slight that the oil pump easily compensates (the oil pump's bypass pressure piston may simply stay shut a hair longer...).

Finally, you don't need our Stage 2 Kit just to "keep up" with oil pressure loss due to the added dizzy gear lube mod; even our Stage 1 oil pump can supply more than enough oil under the circumstances. Don't select your oil pump based on this mod; select your oil pump based on your overall build. Our Stage 2 Kit is a very high end pump designed for high horsepower / high load / high rpm builds and is usually way more pump than most engines may need (but made available for the builds that need one).

Paul

·
Registered
590 Posts
I run one in each of my two race vehicles.

Paul I need a pair of decals for the truck too.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Paul, I will be needing a M84BHV pump for bolt on Canton deep sump pickup for my A460 block stroker. Paypal payment on its way. Thanks for shimming too! :D
Nick

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Thanks again Paul! Hopefully, if all goes well, I'll be spinning that pump sometime in April! :D

·
Registered
590 Posts
Just want to thank Paul for all his help and support for Team SoCal Jet Boats.com. Two of us run High Flow Dynamics lubercation products. We hold the throttles wide open for 6.75 miles or more.
Kick *** **** !!!

Thanks
Jim

21 - 40 of 280 Posts