460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to rebuild the carb that came on my engine, I'll probably get a new one thats a little more hi-po anyway and keep it as a spare. When I was taking off the metering block where the powervalve is located i noticed a piece on the cardboard i was working on that i didn't remove myself.
Can someone tell me where this goes and/or what its called, I'll post a picture, it looks like the lead of a pencil tip. Its too small to acurately pick it out in the parts blow up.
Kyle

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and its a Holley 750 1450, i read that it is a 1450 but the rebuild kit its classified under is a 1460 unsure of difference. Still have a bit to learn about these suckers.
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I cant see a picture either. Just a red x. Got me curious though. I built carburetors for several years for barry grant but nothing is coming to mind. The needle under the squirter is brass. Atleast every one I have ever seen. All you removed was the bowl and metering block?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It almost does resemble a viton tip(after i looked up pictures for it haha) But there is a possibility it came from somewhere else i suppose. It wouldn't be too likely but it is possible. I'm ordering a new carb anyway but i would like to be more positive it works. Sorry the picture didn't come up maybe its because i used a link from my email.
Thanks for your interest in helping
Kyle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts