460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if the butterflies in a stock 950 hp base plate come drilled from the factory?

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
The ones on my 950HP are not drilled but it's one that was built by Competition Carburetion so it could be different. The HP and non HP baseplates can be interchanged with those from a double pumper if you need an HP body with a vacuum port for a PCV.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.

I bought a reman direct from Holley and was surprised to see the butterflies drilled but I guess it is kosher.

Dave, that was my next question because I do need to run a pcv.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
A few years ago I did a big Ford for a customer and I had Bobby Oliver build me a 950HP but using the 850 baseplate so that I could easily run a PCV, worked slick.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there a four corner idle specific 850 base plate or will any 850 base plate work?

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
I'm not exactly 100% sure. I would give Bobby a call and ask him but I know that you'll need one that has that channel which runs around the side of the throttles blocked so that the 4 corner idle will function. Give him a call at 775 331-5609.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Installed the carb today.

Ended up tapping a 3/8" barbed hose fitting into a 1" 4 hole spacer for the PCV.

I have to say the carb ran great out of the box. It is like a different car. Even the exhaust resonance is reduced (don't ask me why). My wife noticed it for chrissake!

Gonna need new tires soon!

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
That should work great for the PCV. I couldn't do that in my situation and I can't remember why but I didn't drill and tap a hole into the manifold either for some reason. I'd say that any similar solution where the stuff that gets sucked into the PCV gets shared equally by the whole engine would work just fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts