460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
What I have heard is that they are going bankrupt not liquidating.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
We've been racing at Beech Bend Raceway in Bowling Green, KY this past week, which is also where the main Holley plant is, and the home office. That was the word I heard. Actually they're said to be filing Chapter 11.

·
Registered
708 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
How the hell does a company that owns about 90% of the market, even as small as that market is, go broke? When Crane Cams closed their doors it didn't exactly surprise me considering the economy we are experencing now but Holley? They OWN NASCAR and almost totally own NHRA-IHRA and make up about 80% of the street market [just based on my observations] My questions are strictly retorical and expect no answer as I'm familar with poor management and lack of proper leadership.

·
Registered
823 Posts
They are filing chapter 11, not necessarily closing their doors just restructuring. Probably poor management and pissing money away without regard for the future. They were snatching up other companies for a while, maybe they bit off more than they could chew.

All I can say for sure is that Holley has got their fair share of money from me over the years.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
There was a response a while back on this forum from a Holley rep about the whole deal. He used nice fluffy words and all but it still sounded to me and a few others like he was saying Holley was going nowhere, just filing for bankruptcy. Basically screwing lenders out of their money and releasing Holley from their commitments after Holley bought up all the other companies.

Here, post 15

http://www.460ford.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117483

1 - 9 of 9 Posts