460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 460/C6 out of a '77 F-250 that I'll be putting in my '76 F-100 RWD LWB truck. I think that I understand the costs and return on a carbureted system but I also want to consider EFI options such as the Holley Sniper EFI Self-Tuning Master Kit.
In addition to the kit cited above, I'd need an intake manifold, tank mounted fuel pump and probably some other things. I know that Edelbrock makes an intake manifold but have no assurance that it is compatible with the Holley unit.
Has anyone here done this recently such that they can help me understand what all I will need and how much it will cost? Is there a vendor or dealer that offers a complete kit?

·
Registered
17 Posts
The Sniper TB will fit on any manifold with a square bore/4150 carb flange. The fuel pump doesn't have to be in the tank, you can use the one in the master kit you linked. The wiring is pretty basic. You'll also need to weld the oxygen sensor bung into one of your headers or the exhaust shortly after the manifold. I've been researching this kit or the FiTech kit for my truck but I haven't pulled the trigger just yet. The instructions on Holley's site seem pretty complete.

As far as a ready made kit specific to your application, that's a very small market to cater to, so that's not something on the market.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts