460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 502cid 10.5-1 comp hdr roller 282,288, 230, 236 @ .050. .521 .532 lift. It has l and l headers. It has a stealth intake now and im going to be putting a holley efi on it. Which intake should i use? Its in a 1978 ford f-150 4x4 with a 4 spd. Its a street driven truck that see alot of mud.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I've been doing too much reading on intakes for efi. Seems to be a lot of pros and cons to the dual plane vs the single plane. That being said I have a dual plane air gap. I fully intend on swapping to a victor to see what difference it makes. Then pick my favorite. I've spent too much time on the msextra forums and there are quite a few V8 guys there discussing conversions and what intakes work best for them. Might give you a good idea as well.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking maybe a torker 2? I think that's the lowest rpm single plane made for the bbf?

·
Premium Member
9,030 Posts
With your modest cam timing and cylinder head airflow vs stated use I'd opt for An RPM or Airgap for better part throttle response and torque.
The stealth is a great WOT intake but the large runner cross section hurts torque at part throttle as well as softening throttle response.

T2 would give only modest gains at the top and would sacrifice torque at and below the peak.

SJ
used 2b RHP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts