460 Ford Forum banner

Holley Stealth Sniper EFI??

15K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  taylorteamracing 
#1 ·
Does anybody have any experience with this EFI system? If so I'm interested in hearing your thoughts & opinions on it or from anybody that runs an EFI system of a different make & model. This Holley Sniper for a 4500 intake looks pretty attractive for what it can do v.s. the price. ...Or is there is something out there more suited to my car & motor.

..OK.. Thoughts & opinions please!!

#3 ·
But why?? Because they ultimately make more power?? What are the other reasons to stick with a carb besides it is already paid for?

There were a couple of reasons I liked it besides the fuel injection itself.
1) Data logging
2) It has a built in ingnition system. I have a MSD 7530T ignition box and I would like to ditch it for a couple of reasons.

#5 ·
I'm with Carl on this for your build, simply not worth it.

On a side note, went to the local 1/8 airport meet, there was a guy with one on a chev small block......told me it made 711hp with carb and 710hp with the stealth, but said the street manners and throttle responce was amazing and it was the best thing he did for his street car.

He also took the cash prize with a win in his class.

It also say's it's for 800+hp, but this only made 710hp, so i guess it can be made to work.

I like the look of them, so just maybe one day i might go down this road aswell.

Cheers, Bob

#6 ·
I have purchased one for my setup. 521 Stroker with Kaase P51 heads 10:1CR and big comp cam. I will be running my engine on the engine dyno on 12/5. I will post the results after the dyno session. I also purchase the HyperSpark ignition box and distributor to go with it. I have installed other versions of the Holley Sniper systems and they have worked really well. I put one on a chevy 383 stroker with about 500hp and another Sniper system in 79 Jeep CJ7. The Jeep system was the one they make specifically to replace the BBD carbs. Both of the setups worked really well and the drive ability was great.

#9 ·
i have a 545 with a 871 blower @ 11psi over and a dual power adder sys from fitech I am at just over 1000 hp (ya street car) keep the carbs,,,, they are great for the street but todays tech in carbs they wont let you down, example I had 10 hrs on my fuel injection pfft 02s failed ----done car wont run, now I have a quality bosh sensor, yes you can play with power levels, and on the fly computer adjustments but,.. you can do the same with a after market data logger, there is more mechanical adjustments with the carbs, I wish I had put on a quality top shelf set of carbs, my fuel injection sys with the hyper fuel system 3200.00 bucks, and I am still adjusting it (self learn is a myth) you half to get it close it will make SMALL adjustments from there, my opinion if you going drag racing get a top shelf system or stay with carbs, -- if you going to stay on the street fuel injection is nice because, on the street you are driving different speeds and 5 10 30 50 miles to adjust for peak performance -- on the strip you are at idle and wide open for 1/8 or 1/4 mile then you are cooling it down waiting on next round, two different worlds ,people do it all the time but they have a top shelf system, and they are very good when adjusting things, because I have found a small adjustment here will cause the system to make other adjustment in other areas because of it, so you really half to be fluent in fuel injection

just my thoughts

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.