460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am in the middle of my 532 build and was thinking about making my own top for the Weiand Hi Ram intake , so I could run 2 QFX 750 2 circuit carbs, I know trick flow makes a intake for this , I have a friend with a machine shop and is willing to help make a 4100 dominator top. want to be a little different with out killing to much Hp... So with that said, Heres what i got, P51 heads , D1 80 over, 11.1 , comp cam 695/296 , Weiand Hi ram , msd ,Probe pistons, Any input would help me, I am taking out my 429 and putting this in with a clutchless 5 speed ...64 ford falcon

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
we have home made top's on every tunnel ram intake I've done except for 1,most make over a 1000hp,so nothing wrong with home made. I've been very fast with home made parts.

by the way a dom is a 4500 not a 4100or 4150, the bolts on the 4500 dom are 5 3/8 inches square

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
i used to watch that video all the time....i'm putting a BBF in my 65 Falcon. What headers did you use for getting around the MII front end? Custom? Would love some more pics!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Headers

I used hooker comps for a Fox mustang moved some tubes around made them fit. Takes a little time,but they work good .Don't have any real good pics, old motor coming out next month try to get some pics then.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Could a dominator spacer be used on top of the tunnel ram base? Or dominator to 4150 adapter?

Even a 2" spacer would give a bit of plenum volume and still cut down the height of whole tunnel ram assembly.

Jess

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Carb top

Nice car by the way, I could have used adapters but had the resources and the aluminum to do the job, some say I'm nuts, but wheres the fun in building cars like this if you can't be a little different. Do you know how much your mustang weighs?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Nice car by the way, I could have used adapters but had the resources and the aluminum to do the job, some say I'm nuts, but wheres the fun in building cars like this if you can't be a little different. Do you know how much your mustang weighs?
Nothing wrong with being different. I haven't weighed my car.

I have a friend of mine supposed to be making me a top for my tunnel ram, and add injector bungs. Going to run four throttle bodies off of 5.0 trucks(pushrod) and a Megasquirt EFI deal. Should be a little different. :D

Jess

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks

No never ran it, had trans problems early on. It has a rod and custom front end in it, works very good. I have installed about 4 of these kits so far in falcons... this summer going out to the track, see if we can put down a good number..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts