460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
The same people who buy base model Mustangs and who used to buy base model Camaros. It's a nice looking car to drive around in for people who don't need more horsepower. I think they're pretty sharp looking.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Yeah, this new trend of big slab sides and high hood just to make the windows/roof APPEAR low... instead ends up just looking like a brick with small windows. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RyanJ said:
The same people who buy base model Mustangs and who used to buy base model Camaros. It's a nice looking car to drive around in for people who don't need more horsepower. I think they're pretty sharp looking.
I understand the niche but the styling is seriously bad.
Its very divergent from the show car and just like the new challenger is a 2dr 300C the Camaro looks like a big 2 dr 08 impala

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Having recently purchased a new V6 Mustang, I guess I'm the kind of person that would buy one. It's got great styling, nice price, good MPG, and it's faster and handles better than previous generations of Mustangs. The GT is just overkill as a daily driver for me. If I want to go fast, I'll open up the garage and take the race car out for a drive.

What are the price and performance specs on the Camero. I'm wondering if it performs as bad as it looks.

Here's a pic of my Mustang (actually my wife's Mustang).

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
CarsByCarl said:
Having recently purchased a new V6 Mustang, I guess I'm the kind of person that would buy one. It's got great styling, nice price, good MPG, and it's faster and handles better than previous generations of Mustangs. The GT is just overkill as a daily driver for me. If I want to go fast, I'll open up the garage and take the race car out for a drive.
Well said Carl.

I like the looks of the Pony V-6 Stang.

I think GM got too aggressive with the 09 Camaro with the "pissed off" look of the front grill.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
YEA ... that grillwork and nose-piece leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion; reminds me of a Cadilac gotten viscious. The rest of the car seems pretty good.

·
Registered
330 Posts
You have got to be kidding me right? This car is ugly like beaten with a ugly stick. Even if there were no blue colored glasses that thing is really just ugly as sin especially the front that looks like they wanted to make a V like vagina with it. I think my 7 year old has drawn much better cars than that and I liked the car from the movie Transformers movie. They took a pretty good looking car and made it f'n ugly now. Mustang wins in styling three times better than that ugly thing they want to call a car even the Challenger being a boat on wheels is better looking than that thing. lines even suck on it.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
rmcomprandy said:
YEA ... that grillwork and nose-piece leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion; reminds me of a Cadilac gotten viscious. The rest of the car seems pretty good.
x eleventy-billion.

I don't mind the rest of the car, but that schnoz sucks.

·
8,522 Posts
The Fourth of July weekend is a time to reflect on American ideals and American icons. One of the most-iconic cars in American history is our Ford Mustang. With a heritage stretching back nearly a half-century, Mustang has become a part of the American fabric. Mustang has been the best-selling sports car for 22 straight years, and there are plenty of reasons why:

Unrivalled heritage: More than 9 million Mustangs have been sold since the introduction at the 1964 New York World’s Fair. It’s the all-American car. Mustangs have always been built in America and the 2009 Mustang continues the tradition, rolling off the lines in Flat Rock, Michigan.
The performance continues: The current model’s 4.6-liter V8 produces 300 horsepower and 320 foot-pounds of torque at 4,500 rpm. The 4.0-liter, single-overhead cam V6 produces 210 horsepower and 240 foot-pounds of torque at 3,500 rpm. For the truly wild, a 5.4-liter Supercharged V8 is available with 500 hp and 480 foot-pounds of torque.
Fuel Efficient: The V6 has best-in-class fuel economy, sporting 26 miles per gallon on the highway.
Best-in-Class Safety: The 2008 Mustang GT earned a five-star safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), the only convertible to garner that mark after tests for frontal crash, side impact and rollover. The Mustang convertible also was tops in highest side-impact performance as tested by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). Best in class safety continues on the 2009 model.
A Steed for Every Need: From Bullitt to Cal Special to GT500 to Warriors in Pink to the Pony Package, Mustang offers a wide range of choices. Whether it's show, go, making a statement about a good cause or a little of each, there's a Mustang for every taste.
Glass Roof: New for 2009 is a factory-installed Glass Roof, for that open air feel in any weather. With summer in full swing, a convertible is a popular choice. The legendary performance and hot appearance make it easy to understand why Mustang has long been America’s best-selling convertible.
Get it before it's gone: Due to the short model year, it the 2009 45th Anniversary Mustang will be one of the rarest model years of Mustang ever.
Most Customized Vehicle on the Planet: Make it your Mustang. With hundreds of factory and aftermarket components available, you can make your Mustang look, feel and perform just the way you want it.
A legacy of quality and value: Mustang received top honors as the Best Midsize Sporty Car by J.D. Power and Associates in its Initial Quality Study in 2007. In addition, VEHIX TV™ just named Mustang among the vehicles with the best resale value, beating out models from Honda, BMW, Porsche, Audi and nearly all domestic automakers.
fritz

1 - 20 of 38 Posts