460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas on functional hood scoops for my 66 fairlane been looking on line for a few dayz and don't know what they would look like on the car. Without a hood scoop i will never be able to change the manifold to something taller. Ideas links and pick would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
that is a complete glass hood, buddy had to take a stock hood to glasstek for them to have a template, then they made the complete glass one. his was over 800 dollars because they had to make a mold. should be cheaper now i would think. and since they have a stock mold, you could get whatever height cowl you wanted. his is also a hinge style

hope this helps

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
really need something i can put on the existing hood $800.00 would double the value of the car lol

·
Registered
290 Posts
here is mine that i have roughed in for my truck. i took a harwood cowl and panel bonded it to my truck hood. used rivets also. when it was dry, i smoothed the edge with fiberglass mat and resin. then fiberglass filler to blend it in. hood has been cut out under also for full function.

i have more pics if interested, just email me
http://www.clubhotrod.com/photopost/showgallery.php?ppuser=15310&cat=500&thumb=1

balistic @ mchsi.com

T

·
0 Posts
Go with a cowl hood

Here is a pic of my cowl hood with NACA ducts.

[/URL][/img]

·
Registered
290 Posts
summit part #

summit part number

HRD-1116 $149.88

Brand: Harwood
Product Line: Harwood Fiberglass Cowl Induction Hood Scoops
Functional: No
Installation: Bond-on
Hood Scoop Style: Z28
Overall Length (in): 49.000
Overall Width (in): 28.000
Overall Height (in): 6.000
Scoop Material: Fiberglass
Scoop Finish: Black gelcoat
Quantity: Sold individually.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I saw you bought a scoop but I wanted to show my version of the Thunderbolt teardrop, plus try out the picture thing on the new site. I brought the scoop back to the windshield to cover the cut out in the cowl. The engine is set back so I had to cut it out to clear the rear carb.

·
Registered
36 Posts
9secfairlane said:
I brought the scoop back to the windshield to cover the cut out in the cowl.
Talk about great minds thinking alike! I'm a model builder as well as a racer, and a couple years ago I made this teardrop/cowl scoop for the Revell '64 Thunderbolt kit. I sent the master to a friend who's selling resin copies on his site now. Looks just like your full size version!
Mark

·
Registered
12 Posts
teardrop cowl

Mark
The model hood is cool. How can I get one for my 64 model. Im building a model to match my car and that would make it alot easier.
Mike

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Mike,
You can order one from my pal Wendell Sowers in Tennessee.....his resin business is AFX N Scale resin. Here's a link to his site:

AFX N Scale

Tell him I sent you.....he's a Ford guy from way back. Last time I talked to him he had a couple of Fox body Mustangs he'd built and was racing.

Good luck with your project......post some pics when you get it finished. I've got a Top Sportsman '64 Bolt project I've been working on for years, but keep getting sidetracked. I don't have much of my model stuff on the web, but there's a few pics here:

Model Projects

I do some resin casting as well, so if there's anything you need for your project, drop a line. Also, there's a pretty hardcore bunch of drag race modelers at StraightLineModeler.com:

SLM

Check us out......most of us are 1:1 scale racers, too.

Mark

1 - 19 of 19 Posts