460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I decided to get rid of my Fairmont and put my 466 in a 87 Mark VII. This will be a bracket car. The Mark has a 5 lug 8.8 with disc brakes. Do you think that it will last for very long behind my big block. The motor has trw flat tops, a solid cam (255-265 @ .050) dove heads (or c-9's) victor and 1050 dominator. It will have a c-6 with a 4000 9 inch converter. I have a 9 inch with a N housing and ladder bars. Should I put the 9 inch in and sell the 8.8 ???
Any sugestions about the car would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Kevin

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yep, since you already have the 9" with a 'N' case & ladder bars,,,I'd go on and get them under your Hot Rod Mark VII.... When you sell the 8.8 intact & unhurt, you'll recoup some of the 9" install costs. A win-win deal......

Just my 2 cents,
StickBBF :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
The 8.8 is a better axle than most people give it credit for. With some good 31 or 33 spline axles, welded tubes, a c-clip eliminator and the locker (or spool) of your choice I think it would live a long and productive life. However, if your 9in already has all the good stuff, you can get the the brackets here http://www.currieenterprises.com/cestore/productsRE.aspx?id=1360
to make it a bolt in operation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts