460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ve just down loaded 2 seasons of Hot Rod TV and Jesus what a **** fucken show. The reason I watched it was my brother in law wants to build a 60's American muscle car an he s ford boy trough an through an well we dont like mustangs cause every one wants one or has one and i think ford made more then mustangs back then well i hope they did. So the question is guys whats it leave us ? We have 6 Fairlanes 60-66 so they are out.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the 65 falcon is what we call the xp falcon he s got one of those it had a shitty 302 windsor couldnt put a real 302 cleveland in with out cuting metal thats a huge no no for us .At the moment its getting ready for a 4 litre s6 turbo

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Well, if you aren't willing to do any cutting, you can build a pretty bad 302 based motor these days...with Windsor style heads. AFR 205's on a 363 could be a sweet combo.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I tried to get him to put the 390 in one of the fairlanes a rough copy of the 65 falcon but he s had enough the fairlanes besides we got them here new both localy built an assembled (except for the 390) Just been looking on flea bay seems the same disease has hit the states thats hit us here if its sixtes or early 70 s its quadrupled in value in the the last 2-3 years

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
The Gran Torino was a '72.

Big full framed heavy cars. Mine, with a 460 and c6, weighs around 4000 lbs even with no interior and the natural weight loss program. Lots of rust! But they look so cool!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the torino didnt work he wants mid to late sixties if he s going to a 70 s car he reackons us aussies built em better just with not big enough power plants

·
Registered
42 Posts
you guys have rancheros there? or is it called a ute?
for some reason i always liked those. had one with a sticker on the back window that said NO-camino..because everyone asked if it was an elcamino..lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts