460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a few pictures of some stuff I've been getting to work on. Thankful for work and that I still get to work on things I love. Look forward to seeing some of your projects at home and work..

Big block caprice for dyno tuning:

SB2 Chevy head that dropped a valve due to assembler inter-cranial-rectulosis (head up ***) Happens to all of us at one time or another, just glad this one wasn't me...

This is one after welding (obviously)

After I finished with it, not perfect but a darn sight better than it was..

Co-worker's Bel-air and a customer's roadster. Don't ask what's under the hood of the roadster...

Thought this was the best possible place for a Pro-Comp sticker. Unfortunately, even their stickers suck and it doesn't want to stay on...

315 cfm @ .700 lift out of a Performer RPM SBM head isn't that easy to do...

Got a little wave in the port wall that I need to take out. Won't pick up any airflow from it though, just not enough aluminum in these heads...

Going to require an adapter plate for the exhaust.

Going to need some custom rockers for this one... Good thing T&D is just down the road

·
Registered
53 Posts
Here's our latest.. Not restoring.. Just making it reliable.. This is going to be the tow rig.. its replacing an old mid 80's chevy flatbed with a 350. We figure the 460 will handle the loads better..

Its getting/got (almost finished installing) a 460 with a holley 650 (I had the carb already) with a lunati voodoo 41600 cam. Otherwise, its staying stock..

Here's a pic of the "lego motor".. (same thing we did to the off-road rig.. very easy to spot leaks.. and kids love it).

rest of this project pics are at http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157604698701780/

~Mark

·
Registered
403 Posts
work

Some cage & mini tub work I just did for a guy. I love the AMC BTW, cut my teeth on one with a 360.

Attachments

·
Registered
620 Posts

This all started by me deciding that I wanted to make a new trans tunnel. Then it snowballed into a new trans mount, floorboard, X-brace in the frame and in the doors and, maybe even a funny car cage. The poor car is torn all to pieces...:eek::D

·
Registered
456 Posts
Here are a few of the cars I am currently tending. I work on regular cars too, I pick and choose as much as I can. The cars on the trailers raced with Doug-thunderckn last weekend. Tres....

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I've been trying to finish up on the wife's Nova. Its a 72 with a Vortec SBC out of a newer pick up. Has the 200R4 trans. Just a cruiser.

I sure love workin on these southern cars!!

Just waiting on some $$ for paint.

Bill

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Here's our latest.. Not restoring.. Just making it reliable.. This is going to be the tow rig.. its replacing an old mid 80's chevy flatbed with a 350. We figure the 460 will handle the loads better..

Its getting/got (almost finished installing) a 460 with a holley 650 (I had the carb already) with a lunati voodoo 41600 cam. Otherwise, its staying stock..

Here's a pic of the "lego motor".. (same thing we did to the off-road rig.. very easy to spot leaks.. and kids love it).

rest of this project pics are at http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157604698701780/

~Mark
That is really cool looking engine, I bet the kids love it!! It is good to keep the young uns involved!!

Is that 4X4?

Bill

N

·
0 Posts
i have a few going now 67, 88 .

The 88 me and my son are going to finnish but using it right now for moch up on turbo headers for the foxbody.

i just had to put this one in it cool :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
That is really cool looking engine, I bet the kids love it!! It is good to keep the young uns involved!!

Is that 4X4?

Bill
Yup its a 78 Ford e-250 with a pathfinder quadravan conversion...

Here is the other lego motor.. This one is in the Explorer..

Once the Van is done.. I'll get back to the Explorer.. replacing the stock Radius arms with homeade extended arms.. which now have Ballastic Joints. Already got them back from the powder coat person. I still have to make the mount for them which will double as the transmission cross member.

Another shot of the 460 lego motor..

The one day project... I haven't had to do near as much to this.. each thing takes a bout a day.. so when I need something to work on for a day I go here.... Just lots of little things to clean up/fix.. Carb is done, it runs and have used it a few times already to fix the driveway.. still need to fix hydraulic leaks and other stuff..

BTW.. Those are some nice Go-fast vehicles in this thread...

~Mark

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
1 - 20 of 83 Posts