460 Ford Forum banner

How about some pictures of things you've been working on lately...

19K views 83 replies 49 participants last post by  RmK57 
#1 ·
Here's a few pictures of some stuff I've been getting to work on. Thankful for work and that I still get to work on things I love. Look forward to seeing some of your projects at home and work..

Big block caprice for dyno tuning:

SB2 Chevy head that dropped a valve due to assembler inter-cranial-rectulosis (head up ***) Happens to all of us at one time or another, just glad this one wasn't me...

This is one after welding (obviously)

After I finished with it, not perfect but a darn sight better than it was..

Co-worker's Bel-air and a customer's roadster. Don't ask what's under the hood of the roadster...

Thought this was the best possible place for a Pro-Comp sticker. Unfortunately, even their stickers suck and it doesn't want to stay on...

315 cfm @ .700 lift out of a Performer RPM SBM head isn't that easy to do...

Got a little wave in the port wall that I need to take out. Won't pick up any airflow from it though, just not enough aluminum in these heads...

Going to require an adapter plate for the exhaust.

Going to need some custom rockers for this one... Good thing T&D is just down the road

See less See more
#7 ·
Here's our latest.. Not restoring.. Just making it reliable.. This is going to be the tow rig.. its replacing an old mid 80's chevy flatbed with a 350. We figure the 460 will handle the loads better..

Its getting/got (almost finished installing) a 460 with a holley 650 (I had the carb already) with a lunati voodoo 41600 cam. Otherwise, its staying stock..

Here's a pic of the "lego motor".. (same thing we did to the off-road rig.. very easy to spot leaks.. and kids love it).

rest of this project pics are at http://www.flickr.com/photos/10384420@N03/sets/72157604698701780/

~Mark

#16 ·
Here's our latest.. Not restoring.. Just making it reliable.. This is going to be the tow rig.. its replacing an old mid 80's chevy flatbed with a 350. We figure the 460 will handle the loads better..

Its getting/got (almost finished installing) a 460 with a holley 650 (I had the carb already) with a lunati voodoo 41600 cam. Otherwise, its staying stock..

Here's a pic of the "lego motor".. (same thing we did to the off-road rig.. very easy to spot leaks.. and kids love it).

rest of this project pics are at http://www.flickr.com/photos/10384420@N03/sets/72157604698701780/

~Mark
That is really cool looking engine, I bet the kids love it!! It is good to keep the young uns involved!!

Is that 4X4?

Bill

#10 · (Edited)
work

Some cage & mini tub work I just did for a guy. I love the AMC BTW, cut my teeth on one with a 360.

Attachments

#12 ·

This all started by me deciding that I wanted to make a new trans tunnel. Then it snowballed into a new trans mount, floorboard, X-brace in the frame and in the doors and, maybe even a funny car cage. The poor car is torn all to pieces...:eek::D

#15 ·
I've been trying to finish up on the wife's Nova. Its a 72 with a Vortec SBC out of a newer pick up. Has the 200R4 trans. Just a cruiser.

I sure love workin on these southern cars!!

Just waiting on some $$ for paint.

Bill

#22 ·
not as impressive as most on here but here goes.

my brothers calypso green vert. it was a 4 cyl we scored for cheap because it didnt run. using parts i already had and his parts store discount we are throwing this thing together pretty cheaply. so far its just about ready to reassemble. its going to have the 351w AOD and 8.8 with 3:73 gears. its got a 5 lug disc brake swap on all 4 corners and a v8 steering rack.

me painting some underhood areas.

my brother pre-cleaning his D0 351w heads.

AOD shift kit. my first one i ever did... still untested.

1974 351w block still at machine shop after like 5 weeks or so...

forged aluminum pistons and sir rods on a stock crank with D0 heads with a small cam.

daily driver, no hassels, maybe some spray... maybe.

#24 ·
I thought that too the 1st time I saw the picture.. I just couldn't believe I got it on upside down. Then I pulled it off and nope.. its in there correctly.. It actually can't go on upside down. . This is the 1st time I've ever seen one mounted with the silver part up..

Just to double check things.. I dug out the old fuel pump that was on the motor when I pulled it from the van and its the same way.. Silver side up..

~Mark

#28 · (Edited)
sadly this is what i've had to work on this year. Gutted the upstairs, knocked out the chimney, restructured the floor as there was only 2x6's on 2ft centers to support the upstairs floor, tiled the bathroom floor up there, and one of an unimpressed me after sanding my wifes plastering job. the bathroom is all finished now, and the rooms are all painted as of today, exept one bed room is still in primer...till...monday or so.

Attachments

#31 ·
Viva la difference

Nice you guys ain't too one-eyed, that way we get to see a variety of cars.

#32 ·
Diggendeeper, don't ya just love them old houses? I 've got the same thing going on. My place is a hundred years old and I can't believe it didn't fall down long ago. Every improvement I make just reveals more caveman construction, but the house has character. Nice work and good luck with your projects.

#33 ·
my favorite part is how everything is on 2 foot centers.....almost.
stick a sheet of drywall up and its on center at one end and 2 inches short of a rafter or a stud at the other end. Really makes you want to throw a match.
The house was built in 27, and then they added the second story in 34 (as per writing inside the walls) I was hoping to find some old dimebags of gold nuggets, as that was common for the miners to steal out of the local gold mine (still in operation) just behind my place, people have found gold wrapped up in hankerchiefs, and whatnot in old houses, and this IS a goldrush house. no such luck.

#34 ·
Has your house got the krepted tin roof on it, we tear that stuff of and replace with plywood and Shingles, the last one we did was built in the early 20's, and the rafters are 30" oc and they are 2x4's, and striped with 1x6's, but it is all rough cut so it is full size unlike the crap you get now, but every step some body took the hole roof bounces, and center of the ridge had a 6-8" drop from the ends to the center, but they did not want to fix that, in other words we were polishing a pile of crap, to try to make it look good

#35 ·
Larry, "luckily" its got shiplap and shingles. i have to replace the roof this year as i dont want it leaking on my brand new insulation and drywall.
the "rafters" were only 2x4 non truss as its a story and a half. I added a 2x6 to the 2x4 (as per local building code) making them 2x10's and jacked them up a bit till the sag was out of the 2x4's. PL'd and a thousand deck screws. Worked well, and gave me enough room for 2 inch rigid styrofoam R10, and 2x6 Bats R22. I ended up R32 and had a 2" airspace (R28 minimum per code with 2" airspace.)

It also sagged the other way as the supporting wall they cut the 2x4's 2" shorter on the center of the house as they were on the outside.. It was a lot of work. I just used a my trusty bottle jack and knocked out 8 feet at a time and installed the new 2x4's one at a time, jacking it up enough, and putting in the new 2x4's (all the same length) I also had to put in new braces to keep the rafters from pulling apart from each other at the top as the outside walls were pushing out at the top, and pulling the rafters apart. i used a come a long to pull the walls back straight as well and put in 2x10 gussets, replacing the scrap shiplap they put in there to begin with. I'll NEVER take on a project like this again.

#36 ·
Diggindeeper, I know how you feel. I wanted to put a lot of ceramic tile in my house years ago. I priced the tile and naturally, got estimates for installation as well.. I thought, "Wow!. Those guys want alot of money to install something I can install myself." I bought the tile and other materials and tools....and did the job myself. It turned out fine, but now I think that........

TILE SETTERS WORK TOO CHEAP!:D:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.