460 Ford Forum banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Need to get your priorities straight Damon...Racing 1st ..everything else follows that!!!;):cool:

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Damon, just don't use railroad ties for the floor upstairs, your foot will thank me!!;):D:D Are you still planning on the BG race in Oct.?

Boo Boo

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Work on my car is halted until my friend gets over and welds the cage. We just can't get our 2 schedules to lined up with free time at the same time. I'm steadily buying parts for it though.

I did work on a little street rod last weekend. It's a 30 Model A, 5-window, chopped 3", stock frame, stock front susp that's been dropped 2", 4 bar setup out back. Had a damn 350/TH350 bowtie in it though. I pulled the trans and replaced the flexplate on it. It's a neat little car. Had 2 poly gas tanks tucked up behind the running boards. And for those who know me my big/tall *** fit in it....

My Dad and I got a bone stock 30 from the same guy and we're going to build it someday. I think it'll be more of a ratrod though. Nothing pretty and fancy...

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
What I worked on this week.

The motor I had to take out..

Both motors..

428 in the car..

We built a 500 inch aluminum CS block and heads for this cobra and his original Harland Shites only had a few thousand miles when the 428 dropped a valve and destroyed a cylinder. Anyway, owner wanted to save a few bucks by reusing the rockers and we agreed as they looked fine. Anyway, long story short, rear left side rocker shaft broke (for those familiar with the FE, the end rockers float in space with support on only one side) causing the hydraulic roller lifter to bounce, breaking off the roller on the bottom of the lifter. But we had rebuilt the 428 for him and he wants to sell the car so it became my job to transfer motors and get it ready for the Hot August Nights auction next week. 428's a bit lazy but it's a little low on compression and the cam's a little too big so it'll have the "lope".

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
1964 Falcon Sprint

13" Cobra R brakes.

I opened up the front rad support to install a cross flow Northern radiator with dual fans.

Installed subrame connectors.

Installed a smooth firewall and moved it back about 1". I moved the motor back 2".

T56 with Pro Car seats.

Just messin' around.

Working in my highly sophisticated shop.

Currently awaiting arrival of my Griggs Racing Torque arm rear suspension. It should be here next week.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Ok so I am ready for the flames. I am fixing up my wifes old car. She got a newer one so. It is a 1992 talon tsi awd. It has a bigger turbo and the supporting stuff. I will now be my daily driver. Watch this video and then hate more. Tres.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhJyESBZszg

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
I was wondering how long it was going to take before a house pic appeared. I've got a bunch of that but here's the automotive projects I've been involved in, unfortunately neither are mine. I'm restoring the '69 Mach 1 for the orig owner and the '85 GM truck is my brother's. I'm only helping occasionally on it. His truck has a 455 Olds, 4L60E trans, 9-inch w/3.70 gear, 4 wheel discs and rack and pinion steering. It's run a best of 11.93 @ 111.5 mph. The Mach is a M-code car that got a 351C Boss straight from the dealer in '73. It has a 4-speed and 9-inch posi rear. It was completely stripped and refinished along with redoing the engine compartment and entire interior. At least I'm getting paid for doing the Mach 1 because my brother's truck is just me attempting to offset the hours he has in my '85 GT. I'm still way behind.

Attachments

·
Registered
623 Posts
A little info on the Olds powered GM. How does it do on gas? My cousin once had a 69 chev swb with a 350 chev that got 5 mpg, he traded for an Olds 350 with trans with it, so he put it in place of the chev. With no other changes but the engine and trans, the truck got 17 mpg. I also had some 350 and 455 Olds along with some Buicks of the same size and they all would beat the chev on mileage. Had forgotten about them till i saw your post.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Well after the race last night I am back into workin on uneversail joints,

Ill detail it else were

·
Registered
207 Posts
Bob, it's funny you bring that up. That truck probably got 11 or 12 mpg with the 305. He got 17 mpg on the highway with the 700R4 that used to be in there. We're hoping the 4L60E will be a little better once the lock up rpm is set perfectly. He's cruising @ 75 mph under 2,000 rpm. It's sickening.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
This is what I've been upto aside from my stroker build for my "little" bronco. The first picture is of a 79 bronco with 12" of lift and 46" baja claws. I traded it off to a guy to do the paint, wiring, and body work for the car in the second picture. It is a 1949 Lincoln 4 door with suicide rears chopped 4 inches with a hand fabbed air bag system I did all the work myself accept for the chop. The third picture is of the Lincoln 342 ci. flathead that I built for it and me showing a comparison in head size to a little merc flathead head. The fourth picture is of my little bronco (the one getting the 502) with 33" tires next to the monstrosity.
Thats some B Azz tires Dude,and that Lincoln Flathead is totally cool.
Back in the day we dropped one like that in my Dads F1 Ford pu and outran the neighbors 65 Impala w/327 4speed:D

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Damon, just don't use railroad ties for the floor upstairs, your foot will thank me!!;):D:D Are you still planning on the BG race in Oct.?

Boo Boo

You damn tootin' skippy. That was VERY painful......

Oh YEAH! We won't miss BG. Plan on going to the NMRA race in Ohio the first of September, can you make it? I'm trying to talk the snake into going with us.

Moparman,

The broken shafts ont he 428, most likely the shafts aren't hardened and you can prevent this from happening again with the end stands that support the end of the rocker shaft. They bolt to a special head bolt or head stud fastener, depending on the application.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Finally working on it!

Mounted an F150 4X4 power steering box and a steering wheel and column from a 1990 F350. Got most of it done today. Soon I hope to have the injected 5.8/5 speed installed. I've wanted an early Bronco since high school and I'm 54 now. :)

61 - 80 of 84 Posts