460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard people getting red of it to gutting it on a foxbody,just dont know if the pressure they keep on the rear will be needed. Got some station wagon brakes and 11 inch rotor upgrade, will stop fine if i had just more rear pressure, Can lock up the skinnies lol. I dont make alot of passes and its a budget car, doing one change at a time, master cylinder upgrade would help also.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Going to a smaller bore size for the rear wheel cylinders will make the rear brake actuation more aggressive and it only directly effects the rear brakes unlike a master cylinder change. If the smaller bore makes the rear brakes too touchy you could plumb in a manually adjustable proportioning valve to "dial them in".

·
Registered
81 Posts
Go with an adjustable proportional valve, and add a residual valve for the rear, this will allow to tune and keep some pressure at the wheels. I got this on my A. The residual valves are normally used where the master cylinder is below the wheels, like in a street rod, they will pre-load a small pressure to the wheel cylinders/calipers. They don't cause drag. My master is mounted high on the firewall, but I like to have the pedal hard from the top. ( not power assisted ) Check into it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts