460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All i have to say is that it only cost me a 12 pack on beer and 2 hours of my time. :)

D1ve 6062 a2a
d3 heads
have to give it a look over but still a good core :)

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
DAMNIT. Why cant I find a good deal. The biggest reason I haven't scrapped this turbo small block and gone back to big block is because everyone here wants 3k+ for a motor or car with a 460 in it.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
;) look for the dum chevy guys thats were i got this one so i had to hear that motor is a boat ancor i just :D and said ok i still want it.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just got a phone call a guy about 20 miles from has 20 460 mite have to look in to that.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Cool deal Jason!!

The high scrap prices a couple of years ago cleaned out most of the old stuff around here. Its getting hard to find good cores here.

Good luck with it.

Bill

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
sad thing is I have more 460 stuff than all of the wreckers i've phoned in the north here. (collectively)

Chevy guys are so stupid. I was waitin in line at tim hortons and this dude with a bowtie hat on was talkin about VW diesels, "yeah they get like 50 mpg but (such and such dude) had his kids and his wife and the trunk full and the car went down to 20 mpg, it didnt have enough power"
I felt like saying, Dude STFU. i had an 87 Jetta TDI, with 4 grown adults all 200+ lbs the car still did over 50 Mpg on a 6 hour round trip. it did 55 consistantly commuting, and the new ones have double the power.
but i didnt, he had a lot of strikes against him already, old, french, chevy, etc....:p:p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts