460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all
i have been crazy busy working on mine and my dads motors and pulling trucks
i havent posted much on here latly and had some free time today and wanted to say hi and see how everyone was doing?
we are all doing fine
my motor is almost done we mocked it up yesterday and gonne deck the block and finsh hone it and get the crank polished
so hopefully this week it will be done and going on the dyno in about a week or so
and my dads motor
i got the short block done now i just gotta finsh the heads and his is done
and since we both redone our trucks it has been just crazy but lots of fun

famly is doing great kids are a handfull but it is still awsome
ya all have a great easter
jesse

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Can't complain...

Spring is here and we're seeing 70deg weather. The Cobra is getting an interior and I visited the shop this morning. Mmmm, mercedes carpet and leather....it's going to look great. Then, I came home and gave Big Red (my Gen 1 Lightning) new brakes, some exhaust attention, and a new damper, and now I'm thinking about dinner.

Today was a lot better day than Friday. On Friday, I damn-near T-Boned a fire truck on my Goped ESR and high-sided. But hey, that's a story for another day. LOL.

Byron

·
Registered
623 Posts
Jesse, sounds like you are busy too!
I am in the completion stages of my cousin's 75 Roadrunner drag car only with a 360 and W2 heads, intake with alchohol carb, a 727 with T brake, 5.13 rear. A little brake work, size up for rear slicks and off to paint.

Finishing up a 5.0 HO engine for my Grandsoninlaw so he and his buddies can install it.

Pinion bearings, seal and ext housing bushing and seal for my Roadmaster along with tuneup.

Then, my Ford, the engine is still at the machine shop being filled, bored, decked, cam bngs, etc. The rotating assy is there awaiting balance and the cam, lifters and other parts are on the way. Waiting on pump gears, seals, sealing rings, etc for the trans in it. That wont take very long, its a PG.

Now with these and many other irons in the fire, I had to go for my DOT physical and the dumas male nurse says I have to go for another stress test to pass the phys! After the bypass surgery I have been regularly going to my cardioligist, in fact just two weeks ago! They said I'm good, but this idiot is pushing everything to the letter! Thing is, I dont drive a truck for a living, I work on them! Enough, I'm giving my own stress test.

S

·
0 Posts
Happy Easter Jesse,

I'm still trying to recover over a camshaft loss last year. The engine for the most part was destroyed. The shop owner where I worked gave me a "Well Pump" motor. It was suppose to be a 460. They use these "Well Pump" motors on the farm to irrigate the crops.

I dissembled the engine and found it to be a 521 stroker. Scat Crank, Rods w/ SRP pistons. The block was zero decked. Becaue the block was zero deck it kept me from running to big of cam. I didn't want to cut the pistons. I removed the ported D3's it had and installed my DOVE's..

I.589 / E.615 @.020 294/304

So for me, things are looking up.
Should get some track time soooonnnn! :D

^ Well Pump Motor

^ Almost ready to run!

Laters! And Thank You for the Post! Best of Luck with your project! 8)

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I wanted to take my headers off and paint them since the

place i work at is closed for a week and a few days.Well guess what it's been to cold and crappy here in Northeast,Ohio.Woke up Saturday morning to 6 more inches of snow.I thought Thursday was the first day of spring,not!!!!

Later Mark.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Champion performance just finished the machining on my new A460 block! I'm looking at maybe 2 months before I'm going down the 1320 ft strip...

After I get the motor back then it's drive shaft, pinion yoke, slip yoke and alternator bracket. Also I'm thinking about motor plates for this year...

I'm so close I can smell the rubber :D

·
Registered
6,970 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
My junk is in another state. Be at least July before I get it here. Friend of mine is Storing / working on it for me so it should be ready. I dont have any updates though.

·
Registered
6,392 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Hey Jesse, welcome back man... I thought you fell off the edge of the planet :lol: :lol: :lol:

Got things mocked up for the 521 last week and found that the bearing clearances are a little snug so back to the crank guy to see where his measurements differ from mine... Got the cage in my truck last weekend, and got it painted a couple days ago... Now I just have to try and get the rest done so I can concentrate on the engine... Still have to change fuel pumps, get the manual steering conversion finished up... You know, all the minor details... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Be C 8) 8) L,

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
well im broke tryying to pay up bills where the wife left with 3 months of my rent money. and hoping they settle this custody ordeal here on the 31st. then on to payying my 10k attorny bill :shock:

but anyway. im welding my engine compartment up and redoinga few other thing i can do wqith what i have at the moment

·
Registered
948 Posts
My project came to nearly a dead halt due to the American Axle strike. Just trying to trade and sell for parts now for my BBF powered Mark VII.

I think it's going to be a while before it's settled. I work for one of those companies "affected" by the strike. I'm on four days and I don't spend money I don't have on my toys.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts