460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys i heard if i mate up my PA built C4 to the 460 i will need to use 2 block plates to shim the trans back so the front pump wont burn up? i guess the 460 flexplate pushes the converter into the trans 1/4 in more compared to a sbf flexplate. is this true? if so what do u recomend doing ?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THANKS GUYS, i will put it all together and check. is there any way to measure how far in the the trans the converter should go?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I like to stand trany on end and set converter in and count how many times it drops when splines line up before it stops. I reccomend doing it atleast twice because sometimes you get lucky and splines line up without turning. Should be 3 clicks or drops heard and should feel pump in trans spinning now with conv. Now you know how far all the way in is you should remember to only pull it out no more then .050 s or less being better. I feel as long it isnt in a bind when trans bolted to motor then its fine and you cant push converter farther back then that .050 you are good. You dont want to pull conv. out of pump when bolting to flywheel, Goodluck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts