460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
8 inch ATI set up about as tight as they make them Ati said. Doesnt like footbraking and have several things that make me think its struggling a little. Hard to tell first Bigblock and big torque. Goes up to around 4000 taking off, when footbraking kinda fast but its doesnt really jump there, holds about 2200 max starting on line. To the floor on transbrake 5200 rpms does alot better, shifting at 7000 rpms. Its really shifts hard and doesnt keep momentum good if it hooks on shifts. Going with slight stator mod, does this sound pretty safe or is there a good chance I could hurt E.T. Appreciate anyones experiances with stall changes..,ED

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
8 inch ATI set up about as tight as they make them Ati said. Doesnt like footbraking and have several things that make me think its struggling a little. Hard to tell first Bigblock and big torque. Goes up to around 4000 footbraking kinda fast but its doesnt really jump there. To the floor on transbrake 5200 rpms does alot better, shifting at 7000 rpms. Its really shifts hard and doesnt keep momentum good if it hooks on shifts. Going with slight stator mod, does this sound pretty safe or is there a good chance I could hurt E.T. Appreciate anyones experiances with stall changes..,ED

Listen to what ATI has to say ... they build a LOT of Super Stock type converters.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts