460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have worked as a underground miner in WA for 15 yrs at several kinda local mines. usualy traveling around 120 miles a day. just got laid off along with 300 other guys and were told not to expect to return to work. just kinda geting a poll started as to whats hapening out there with the rest of you. guess my 547 is on hold yet again:mad:

·
Registered
320 Posts
cabinet maker-bankrupcy dec 07
got a sprinkler job-went to work one day and my boss and equipent were gone
Found new job through temp service, hired during expansion, I am one of 6 left from a hiring pool of 400+ over a 6 month period. Not to mention the 35 regular employees we lost in the last 2 months.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Merchant Marine Officer "Temporarily" laid off Nov 15, 2008. The way the Steel Industry is looking, I won't be going back anytime soon!:(
Gary

·
Registered
268 Posts
LAID OFF

I am a Log Truck driver and my truck is parked behind my garage and has been for 6 weeks now! The last time I had to fill for unemployment was almost 16 years ago! A guy doesn't have much to look forward to when listening to (O B A M A) !!!!!!!!!!!!! which stands for (O)ne (B)ig (A)ss (M)ess (A)merica
I won't be going back to work till at least May sometime?? Good luck to us all and GOD bless us all!!!!!!

Dan

·
Registered
355 Posts
Aerospace Inspector (Hughes Aircraft) Machinist & Tool & Die (Garrett AirResearch) LTL Truck Driver (Sams Club/Wal-Mart) laid-off since Nov-07...

·
Registered
183 Posts
master-tech at pep boys. still working for now ( knock on wood ) but things dont look good, getting rough to make a living around here, no one wants to spend any money, and cars are the last thing they want to spend it on right now.. and was just told the other day and again at hybrid class that i went to today, that if they dont turn a profit by the end of the year we may be no more.. share holders have spoken, this could be the end..

·
Registered
475 Posts
I'm a IT site manager at a paper mill and right now our back log is only about 3 days most times we need it about 10 - 20 days out.
Plus right now we are having QC problems and have pissed off some of our good/big customers.

Plus we just got a 300K OSHA charge :-(

·
Registered
816 Posts
Man!!!!!! I hope you'll find employment soon! May be after the rich get thier goverment wellfair, things will pick up.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Union Elevator Constructor been laid off for weeks just got a call I go back on monday but dont know how long it will last
My whole family is in the elevator trade. My dad retired after 40yrs service, 30 with tools, last 10 as B.A for local 49 in JAX Fl. My brother has a service route, also president of the local. Work down here is steady for now.

·
Registered
42 Posts
job search

Aerospace Inspector (Hughes Aircraft) Machinist & Tool & Die (Garrett AirResearch) LTL Truck Driver (Sams Club/Wal-Mart) laid-off since Nov-07...
Russ, You may want to check out the Boooze-Allen web-site. They may have some openings in the Maryland and Virginia area for someone with your qualifications.You can post a resume' on-line.

The Army base realignment (BRAC) is bringing alot of technical jobs to the Mayland area. There are about 10,000 technical & support jobs coming to the Aberdeen & Edgewood Maryland bases.
Good luck with your search.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts