460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking a chance typing this that the owner might see it.

It is a 84 Mustang, hatch, 4 cylinder car. New paint job with a 10 point roll cage. NOW, here is the kicker! It is only a shell! No glass, hood, doors, hatch, wiring, dash, pedals, rubber or anything! Just a shell with the factory 4-cylinder k-member and 7.5 axle to roll it around on. Doesn't even have a steering column.

How much do you think it is worth?

No nose either.

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, it started off going to be a street/show car but the guy had the cage installed and decided it was too much cage for a street car.

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jbozzelle said:
How nice is the cage? I'd pay at least what the cage is worth.
My brother looked at it for me. He said it was "a cage" it looked all right. It's hard to tell about the fit or material.

I'd like to buy it but I am afraid I am not a good enough "hunter / gather" to be able to find all the missing parts to keep from having to buy new.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
4 cyls are cheap..

I recently bought a clean 87 LX 4 cyl AT AC CC with only 2 forward speeds for 550. Stuck in a 5 speed and it's a nice daily driver. Only had 97K miles on it. They are out there, I like to buy as complete as possible.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Im gonna say say MAX of 500 if the paint is REAL Good. Just my opinon. New paint and a roll cage dont do much good with nothing else.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
The little stuff will nickle and dime you to death. If it is missing as much as you say I would walk away unless you already have a parts car laying around.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Jones, He's right . You will save money buying a body completed than trying to find parts and time to do it yourself.Believe me i've been there. Good luck. Rick

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Hard to say, it really depends on how good the cage is. If it is a full roll "cage" and not just a roll "bar" it may be worth decient money, or it might not be worth much.

It could depend on how long ago the "monkey bars" were installed (it may not be legal anymore), if it's 'moly or mild steel, how well it fits the body, if it's wire welded or Tig welded & how good the welds are done, etc, etc, etc.

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I slept on it and decided that is just money I can use to buy my nitrous kit for my truck!!

It's hard when the guys you hang around with at the track and on the weekends are always tellling you, "you need a Mustang"!

Hey, but I did have a race the other day, and won!! A 2000 F150! I let him have the jump plus my engine backfired through the carb! I got back on it and drove around him like I was passing him! LOL

This of course was on a closed road with professional drivers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts