460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy here locally wants $1500 for one, it runs and the transmission works.
It has some kind of 385 series engine, it smokes a little, but I think I can talk the guy down lower.
THe body seems really solid, though I'm going back today to check it out more thouroughly.

·
Registered
765 Posts
When you go back to look, snap a few photos so we can get an idea of it's condition........$1500 seems fair for avarage condition baring any MAJOR rust OR body damage :D Mine was all original and in better than average shape when i got it about 10 years ago...... and i paid $1200.
In my opinion......as long as the bed is in great shape buy it :lol: The rest is easy to find great replacement parts for.....the box is what's hard to replace....

mike

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
dixiebandit69 said:
A guy here locally wants $1500 for one, it runs and the transmission works.
It has some kind of 385 series engine, it smokes a little, but I think I can talk the guy down lower.
THe body seems really solid, though I'm going back today to check it out more thouroughly.
If it's solid and straight, buy it.
First place they rust is front cab mounts/supports and around the hood hinges / inner-fender area. You can tell if the cab mounts are rusted-out from 100 yds by if the cab is straight with the bed. :wink: Also look close at the seam along the bed bodyline where the upper and lower sections are joined.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some SOB bought it right out from under me! I went by as soon as I got out of work yesterday, ready to make a deal, and the former owner said some guy just bought it a couple of hours earlier.
Lucky bastard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts