460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have ice everywhere here in NW Indiana and it's still building up. Now they say the winds are going to pick up.
Branches are crashing down from my trees as I type this. So far we have only lost power once but sure it will go out again.
I filled up a couple gas cans last night and my generator is ready just in case.
mike

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I woke up this morning, it was about 12*F @ 5:00. By 5:30 it had dropped to almost -10*F and the wind was blowing about 15 mph, making for a nice balmy -32*F... Oh yeah, and it was snowing... :D :D :D

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
381 Posts
We're getting slammed here in Michigan right now with some pretty heavy snow fall and gusty winds :roll: Before it over and done with we're looking at 6 to 10 inches of snow. Suppose to be done mid afternoon. No ice in my neck of the woods. I guess ice around Mi-Ohio border. Ice is not nice :!: Can't wait til warmer weather.....unfortunately thats a long ways away :?

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Man, I just checked the weather and the forcast high for today is -2* :shock: :shock: I think the weather man needs to set up shop out here by my house :lol: :lol: ... It usually runs about 8-10* colder here than at the airport where they get their readings from... 8) 8)

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
338 Posts
we where getting ice here last night then it turned to rain as the front came through now the winds blowin and things are crashin out of the trees

·
Registered
329 Posts
we haven't got a flake yet today, but they already canceled all the school buses in anticipation of whats to come this afternoon, up to 1' in some places, with gusting winds up to 75,km/h (45mph)

I hate winter!

·
Registered
560 Posts
We've been covered in ice for 3 days, had about an inch of rain this morning, now it is 50 degrees and the sun is shining! :shock: :roll:

·
Registered
846 Posts
Ahhh, Let's see...It's sunny and 75* here right now. Windows are open, slight breeze blowing thru.. 8)

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
It snowed 3 to 4 inches in Las Vegas yesterday ... serves 'em right, lol.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
-30C here which is 22 below F plus a nice 25 mph breeze out of the NE with about a foot of snow and snow blowing
frank
Good thing I have a nice warm shop to work in !!!

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Here is a pic of my yard. I drove the truck through a sleet storm Thursday night. We had lightning and thunder in that storm too. You have never seen such a brilliant white light as that ever. I think the sleet magnified that lightning about a million times. By the time I had driven 2 hrs down I-80 it was about 2" thick with sleet. It started snowing when I got home and laid down about 4" of snow on top of the sleet.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
f250_mike said:
We have ice everywhere here in NW Indiana and it's still building up. Now they say the winds are going to pick up.
Branches are crashing down from my trees as I type this. So far we have only lost power once but sure it will go out again.
I filled up a couple gas cans last night and my generator is ready just in case.
mike
nice and toasty warm here in Indy Mike ;)

< in my shop lol

Your welcome to come down and check it out, I got some spare egg nog and So Co

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
It's the middle of the graveyard shift, and I have been walking around outside in a T-shirt. :shock: I don't know what the heck is going on, but I like it so far. I hope it holds out till April.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Fine and sunny here, about 72 degrees, ah the joy of living in the Southern Hemisphere.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Since I'm in Savannah, GA, at the kid's place for Xmas instead of home in Ventura county, just where are you...in SoCal?
Chuck Stevens.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well we only lost power a couple of times. Got lucky I guess.
A lot of homes around here will have no power til monday.
The trees are still iced up so I'm going to wait to cut up the downed limbs. It's probably not a good idea to be under them right now.

Thanks for the offer Jerry

1 - 20 of 27 Posts