460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about buying a new hunting rifle and was looking the other day at a Tikka 300wsm and I am wondering if are any pros and cons to these rifles. The big thing I am wondering about is that it is a light weight rifle so what kind of recoil does it have?

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I am thinking about buying a new hunting rifle and was looking the other day at a Tikka 300wsm and I am wondering if are any pros and cons to these rifles. The big thing I am wondering about is that it is a light weight rifle so what kind of recoil does it have?
My 300wsm has very little recoil, no more so than my Remington 7400 in 270

·
Registered
457 Posts
i`m real parcial to my 7mm rem mag, but recoil is heavy, but loaded with the hornady hot loads she really puts em out there, i have a friend who shoot`s a 300 ultra mag. bench rest with home reloads,best kill to date is a jack rabbit at a little over 1900 yards yea thats right 1900 yards:eek:, he is ex marine sniper:D, if you read Varmit mag. you seen him in the back of book. J.C. mulberry ar.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Short mag rounds and light weight rifle will be some pretty good recoil. If you're at the range, you'll feel it. If you're hunting, you won't. If it's a round I want in the field, then I'd go for it.

Tikka, by the way, is one of the better rifles out there. Excellent craftmanship.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
:D:D:D:D:D:D

I may not hit anything but BY GOD I will make some noise !!!!
LOL And really when it comes down to it, THAT is what its all about!!:D

Its a good thing we can get food at the store....

Bill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts