460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys just built a 460 for my ozzy ford falcon
and was wondering what sort of power to expect.

460, 30thou over
9.5:1 comp ratio
hyd crow cam @50 234in & 244ex dur, lift 525"in 525"ex 2700-6000rpm power range.
d3ve heads, ported only on exsaust ports
edelbrock torker with a holley 750dp (do you guys recomend 850 dp)
custom extractors to fit falcon 2inch primary.
c6 trans 3500 stall
im really hoping for around the 420 hp mark and run a low 12 et , What do you experts think!

·
Registered
860 Posts
Sounds like you have a pretty realistic expectation for the power - maybe even just a trifle low if you tune everything in properly. Times will depend on how much beef it's pulling down the track and how well you can hook the power.

Brad

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx Brad

ive learnt from past builds to not be super optimistic about potential power i might be making from new motors, ive been disapointed in the past. a few years ago i spent a **** load on a 302w, i got rid of my iorn heads and replaced them with aluminium heads, i went small solid from an old hyd, and i was expecting the world. When the car ran a 13.3 et compared to the 13.6 it used to i went bananas. hopfully i feel the cubes a little more with this build.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Is that the old POS Edlebrock torker? If it is, make an ashtray out of it and find something else! I think the stocker will outpower it. Biggest joke to ever be pulled on us poor BBF guys.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes im preety sure its the old torker. It has tiny rectangle ports 1.5 inch x .7inch (estimate) plus it dosnt say torker2 on it. are they really that bad? i thought the small ports created velocity! will it restrict it alot?

·
Registered
476 Posts
I don't have any dyno or quarter mile times to back me up, but the one I used back in the 70's did nothing to improve the performance of the 429 I put it on as far as I could tell. Running it down a marked out quarter mile and going off the speedometer, I saw NO improvement. And this was with headers, cam, 2500 stall converter, and a 780 Holley in a 1978 F150. If somebody has dyno figures they remember, post them. I remember a dyno test in one of the anti-Ford rags that was ballyhooing the Streetmaster intake (which was even worse than the Torker), and it started losing to the stock intake at 3250 rpm, and made something like 4 hp more below 3250. They make excellent ashtrays, you only have to dump them one a month... :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.