460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a block and trans in there yesterday. I finally got to use those damn motor mounts I bought from Damon a few years ago. :D

Once I get the trans mount in there and get the engine height figured out I'll make motor and mid plate slider/mounts. It's been a while since I've worked on the car. I'm looking forward to working alot on it this winter. I finally insulated the garage so i could do just this! Hopefully I can make it to the Bash in '08 with a running race car.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
bummer no-one told ya the C6 fits in the stock trans tunnel without cutting the flooring out.

If its not already in there... now ya get to put in a knee bar to even be legal for less than 14 seconds.....

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dfree383 said:
Look Out !! The Ragin' Cajun' may bring a car in April !!! :lol:
I'm trying my hardest to. If not at least I'll have crawfish to bring. I'll have something of the color red with me!

kim said:
bummer no-one told ya the C6 fits in the stock trans tunnel without cutting the flooring out.

If its not already in there... now ya get to put in a knee bar to even be legal for less than 14 seconds.....
Kim, The tunnel was already out when I bought the car. The previous owner removed it. I cut the old cage out since it wasn't up to passing the rules either. It'll be getting a full cage bumper to bumper. I've got most of the tubing to do it just need a little more for the sfc's and dash bar, etc...

That's a C4 too. I had to beat the firewall some to get it to clear the bell bolts already. Since the tunnel is out I'm planning to get the engine as far back as she'll go before the heads hit the firewall.

Turbokid15 said:
Maybe I just don't know what its for but why do you have 2 master cylinders? Other than that that car is bad ***.
The old one is just hanging there. I just stuck the new on in there not too long ago. I'm headed out to the garage now to remove the old one now.

Thanks for the compliments and wish me luck. I'm going to need it...........

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got a little done this week. I cut out the floor on top of the front subframes from the firewall to the front seat mount. Tomorrow it goes on stands, gets leveled out and gets the floor cut out from the seat mount to the backhalf in preparation for the frame connectors and cage.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll get around to making some subframe connectors from this. They'l be 2x2 from the firewall to the seat mount then 2x3 to the rear 2x3 crossmember.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
justintx75,

That's a good one! I wouldn't have figured that one out on my own.

Jon,

The pics I'd really like to see are of the a-pillar to halo connection. I think I got the rest of it figured out.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
John
Can you take pics when you do the tunnel to please ..Like the way the subframe connectors sit in the factory channel... Looking good .. The outside shots of the car ,it looks tough justsitting still..

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It'll be awhile before I do the tunnel. I plan to use some 3/4" round tubing to frame it and then some sheetmetal to make the sides. I also plan to fit it under the factory console that came with the car.

My last car had the subframes connectors in the floor like that. It ended up that the entire connector front to back was inside the car. It was hardly noticeable from underneath. It's a clean way to do it.

I plan to keep this thread updated with pics.

·
Registered
56 Posts
question for ya, if what master cylinder are you using,reason i ask is i was told to use one for a 85 ranger with manual brakes but the port for the fr brakes is something like 1/2 npt and im having trouble making it work...

S

·
0 Posts
This is where my block ended up..

Don't forget when ya start moving things around stuff like the steering shaft may give ya problems.. You can add washers to the steering column attachment points inside the car to give ya some movement / placement..

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
strtspdlx said:
question for ya, if what master cylinder are you using,reason i ask is i was told to use one for a 85 ranger with manual brakes but the port for the fr brakes is something like 1/2 npt and im having trouble making it work...
It's a MC for a Dodge pickup or van. I'm not sure what size the bore is.

This one has the large threaded ports on it too. You should be able buy adapters that bush it down to whatever size you need. One bushing came with it when I bought it from Autozone. I'll have to get another when I redo the brake lines here shortly.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
s_stang said:
This is where my block ended up..

Don't forget when ya start moving things around stuff like the steering shaft may give ya problems.. You can add washers to the steering column attachment points inside the car to give ya some movement / placement..

Thanks for the pic. I was also looking at Gearhead559's pics of his too. My problem is I don't have any heads, not even junk ones to set on there and see where it falls out at. I do see where both of my headers will need serious work to get them to fit. Apparently they are not for a Fox Mustang.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
mine took alot of beating on the floor for them to clear!

your welcome too look at any pic you need to!

keep in mind i have the standard k member and bobs spacers in mine!

and heres a link to all of mine so far. i have some more i just havent put them on there just yet! im waiting till i get back to work on it after im done with a buddie's project!
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/mustang/?start=all

1 - 20 of 45 Posts