460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, I took my windshield out, and installed the rest of my cage for my truck...

Tomorrow, I'm going to take the roof off, and get it ready for the new skin we're putting on it...:D:D

Doug...:cool:

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Lookin good bud.:) My offer still stands, you can come down and do mine anytime you want.:D

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
So Doug, are you forced to run that stock brake setup or are you interested in doing some more weight reduction on the front of that thing? For comparison, heres the stock 4x4 brakes on my ranger (actually a 78 F-150 setup):

To convert it to this and I dropped close to 40lbs off:

Shoot me a pm, and I'll send you all the info and pics as a guide if you are interested.

Karl

N

·
0 Posts
Cool deal doug went out and started to clean up and get started on the old stang let hope it dont start snowing again.

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
Doug, You Bringing that thing to the Bash this year?

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yeah Dave... Provided my sponsors keep up their end of the bargain...:D They're supposed to be paying for my fuel to get there and back... I'm hoping to have the new paint on it in a few weeks...
I got the roof off and got the cage finished up and painted yesterday... Here's a couple pics:

Gotta put some sheet metal over the holes in the firewall, and I'm getting the new roof tomorrow or Saturday...
I can't wait to see it with the new paint...:cool::cool:

N

·
0 Posts
well hell them time to chop the top it and make it look like the photo shop pic bill or dave or some one did it been to long.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No way man... I just got the cage done... I don't want to cut it out and re-do it all just to chop the top on it... This thing has gotten almost outa hand already...:D:D:D

N

·
0 Posts
I hear you i need to get my butt in gear and start working on my car.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
They all seem to get out of hand. I'm always biting off more than I can chew, knowledge wise and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ wise! But I LOVE it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts