460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here they are. Dont have many but CoupeDevil was the photographer so blame the lack of representation on him.lol.

I would like to thank Randy & Beka Moore for their hospitality (really good folks)

I got one video of Randy and myself (listen to the tire chirp in 2nd & 3rd gear.) Also take note of the red light. ( Sorry Randy) :wink:

http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l136/8liter/?action=view&current=BBFbash2007019.flv

I saw a lot of kool cars and met a lot of even kooler people. I cant wait to do it again next year.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
You wont be thanking me when you get the gas bill for the generator usage :shock: , just kidding. Had a ball at the bash really nice of Windy Hollow , Charlie , Lem, and everyone involved to get the bash together.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ky mustang said:
You wont be thanking me when you get the gas bill for the generator usage :shock: , just kidding. Had a ball at the bash really nice of Windy Hollow , Charlie , Lem, and everyone involved to get the bash together.
Man are you back already? I tought ya'll were staying till tomorrow?

Did you do any good?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hope somebody(s) took more pictures than this. There were lots of cars that I wanted to look at but was too busy yapping, trying to hear the announcer, or messing with my car. The blue torino was another one that I wanted to look at,but never got a chance.

I want to know who won the award for most $$$ spent for gas to get there?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Yep back already. We decided to come home after the the all ford race. I got sent home by one of the dragsters in the semi finals of quick 16 . Got a check though :D I was # 16 qualifier :shock: . I ran a best of 5.66 @ 121.9 MPH

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Looks like you guys had a great time, I hope things are better next year so I can check it out.
Thanks for posting pics.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
ky mustang said:
Yep back already. We decided to come home after the the all ford race. I got sent home by one of the dragsters in the semi finals of quick 16 . Got a check though :D I was # 16 qualifier :shock: . I ran a best of 5.66 @ 121.9 MPH
Wow...Who had the quickest door car there?

Sorry I missed out.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Fellas, Im sorry I didnt get any more pictures. I was to busy helping 8liter or picking my jaw up off the ground when another car was making a pass. Lots of REALLY nice cars there. Wish I could have stayed longer and met more folks than I did.

Had a great time. Maybe next time I'll have a car to bring to.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
ky mustang said:
Randy,

A 5.66 @ 121.9 MPH is very good! I'm simply amazed that the School Bus Motor @ 466 CID could run that good. It must be in the "combo" of your cam and those TFS Street heads. They're a good fit for each other. Anyway, congratulations for an excellent weekend, we're proud of you!

Guys,,,, Paul Harvey here with the rest of the story. Two weeks ago, Randy wasn't going to make this race because he'd didn't have his engine finished. Lem sold him a spare shortblock that I had (it had been freshened up) and a set of unported TFS Street heads. We met him at a truckstop on the interstate and went tailgate to tailgate and transferred the engine. It had been in the "family" for a few years around here and had been named the School Bus Motor, because of it's humble beginnings and the fact that it was a reliable and faithful little engine.

Also, a big and sincere thanks to all of you that attended the BB Ford Bash!

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I had a good time and met some really super people. I drove like a rookie, just couldn't seem to do anything right :roll: But seeing alot of nice and fast fords was a treat in itself!! Some cool things like Damon's insane wheelies.the 65 Black Thunderbird,looked like a show car and ran 7.50's with a 428 FE, that car had to be super heavy in street trim. Racin Ray Henderson's 2006 Mustang, what a great guy and a super cool car.Bobby Small's 490 mustang, The 5.70 trucks grudge racing !!! And of course Chris Corey's stunning mustang, the old fords.man it was a neat weekend!!! That's just a few of the super rides there!!

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Dan,

Your car is flying. I'd say you represented the local Ford contingent very well. We're proud of you!

I can't believe your buddy George Keown's consistency. He had that 3600+ lb truck running 5.77 just about every pass this weekend. They heaped some abuse on that thing and then topped it all off by winning the 2 outa' 3 Grudge Race Saturday night. I know he lightened my billfold! That and with their winnings on Friday they took home well over $1000 for the weekend! :shock:

Later,

·
Registered
846 Posts
c.evans said:
ky mustang said:
Randy,

A 5.66 @ 121.9 MPH is very good! I'm simply amazed that the School Bus Motor @ 466 CID could run that good. It must be in the "combo" of your cam and those TFS Street heads. They're a good fit for each other. Anyway, congratulations for an excellent weekend, we're proud of you!

Guys,,,, Paul Harvey here with the rest of the story. Two weeks ago, Randy wasn't going to make this race because he'd didn't have his engine finished. Lem sold him a spare shortblock that I had (it had been freshened up) and a set of unported TFS Street heads. We met him at a truckstop on the interstate and went tailgate to tailgate and transferred the engine. It had been in the "family" for a few years around here and had been named the School Bus Motor, because of it's humble beginnings and the fact that it was a reliable and faithful little engine.

Also, a big and sincere thanks to all of you that attended the BB Ford Bash!
Yep, He sure amazed me 2nd round of the Ford Quick 16 !!! :shock: :D
Good Job Randy !!!

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Thanks Charlie and thank you guys for putting on this event. My best time was 5.55 at 124mph. My buddy George Keown was on a roll all weekend, it's great to see him do so good,and that truck is awesome.I think narrowing the front bumper was the trick.....we couldn't have done it if Carl hadn't broke it in two pieces the weekend before unloading it...lol....Thanks again.See you next year!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts