460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Either that or it was seeing Damon reach for the sky (then crap his pants)! Or maybe it was seeing Blake "Diamond" Cartwright walk away with those pistons, or maybe it was seeing Oakley's "track" dog running around with hotdogs in his mouth at 9AM, or maybe it was just seeing everyone else's car haul *** down that little 1/8th mile strip.....

No matter what it was I finally got to working on mine some more. I got all of the cage cut out of it this weekend. I have a way to go, but it's getting progress made to it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I know where you're coming from. It took me almost 4 years to build my car, with alot of periods when I did nothing more than open the shop door and stare at it, wondering if it would ever come together.
Be patient, do your homework, and you'll have a ride that you'll be proud of.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
My problem is the opposite. I won't stop till its done to the detriment of pretty much everything else. Especially Mr. VISA.
I love the feeling of figuring out something or having some small step completed. I am always blown away when something I did actually lights up when I turn the key.

Its lucky I have a 5 year old that makes me stop and smell the roses every few hours.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
John,

Just try to do something on it every day , even if it's just clean up parts or make a game plan for the next day, before long you will look like Damon, :shock: His car I mean 8)

Blake.........

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IDT-572 said:
before long you will look like Damon, :shock: His car I mean 8)

I'm glad you clarified that!!!!

I have a nice cage I picked up from Jon (richter69) last year when I was up in Dallas at the NASCAR race. I just need to go see the chassis guys and get some prices.

I figure with the cage from Jon and the bars I just cut out I'll have more than enough tubing to cage it to suit my taste. I was going to attempt to fit and tack it myself but I'd need to buy a good vise, tubing notcher, etc.... My garage isn't a full blown fab shop so it'll go to the chassis guy.

At least now it's a clean slate for someone to quote me a price from....

Once the cage is done all I need is fab my midplate and then mock up the engine/trans....

·
Registered
807 Posts
Phil said:
My problem is the opposite. I won't stop till its done to the detriment of pretty much everything else. Especially Mr. VISA.
I love the feeling of figuring out something or having some small step completed. I am always blown away when something I did actually lights up when I turn the key.

Its lucky I have a 5 year old that makes me stop and smell the roses every few hours.
You and I think alike so I guess your wife likes you as much as mine like me :lol:

Lew

1 - 10 of 10 Posts