460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So its Saturday night and the Dog wakes me up Barking. I get up and go to the Kitchen for a drink of water. As I'm standing contemplating shooting the damned Dog for waking me I look toward my barn and see the light is on in my tack room.

I thought to myself, Now I thought i not only turned that light out but, closed the doot and locked it. suddenly i see 2 people carting my prize saddles out. I Grabbed up the phone and called the sheriffs office.

When the Lady answered the phone I told her my name and where i live and said send me a deputy quick somebody is stealing stuff outta my Barn. I'm sorry sir but, you will just have to wait we don't have enough deputies in the County so none are available to help you.

Stay in your house and Don't go out there just let them go so nobody gets hurt. I hung up the phone took another drink of water contemplating the situation. Needless to say, I was a little more then put off by the Attitude of the dispatcher

I gave it a minute the called back and told her Never mind I took care of the problem. I don't need a Deputy Just send a hurst I shot them both then hung up. I picked my 45-70 lever gun and proceded to scare those boys to death when they walked back out of my barn and were looking down the barrel of that Winchester. they set down on a bail of hay.

It wasnt a long wait at all in about 2 minutes i heard the sound of Sirens and sure enough 4 deputies and 2 troopers showed up. After they arrested the thieves One of the Deputies tortly ask me . I thought you told the dispatcher You shot both of them ? you know we don't like to be lied to!

to which I replied, I thought she said ya'll werent available I don't much like being lied to either!

Have a great week ya'll

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Don't mess with us country folk. We are a little smarter than them slick talkers realize.;)

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
speakin' of 45-70 lever guns, I really like my dad's Marlin 1895. Only problem is it sometimes jams the next round halfway out the tube and the lever all the way open. I'm suspecting the spring in the tube is weak. I've taken it apart and cleaned it and deburred any sharp edges. Still does it. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
speakin' of 45-70 lever guns, I really like my dad's Marlin 1895. Only problem is it sometimes jams the next round halfway out the tube and the lever all the way open. I'm suspecting the spring in the tube is weak. I've taken it apart and cleaned it and deburred any sharp edges. Still does it. Thoughts?

Bullet shape? Does it do it with different type bullets?

·
Registered
62 Posts
So its Saturday night and the Dog wakes me up Barking. I get up and go to the Kitchen for a drink of water. As I'm standing contemplating shooting the damned Dog for waking me I look toward my barn and see the light is on in my tack room.

I thought to myself, Now I thought i not only turned that light out but, closed the doot and locked it. suddenly i see 2 people carting my prize saddles out. I Grabbed up the phone and called the sheriffs office.

When the Lady answered the phone I told her my name and where i live and said send me a deputy quick somebody is stealing stuff outta my Barn. I'm sorry sir but, you will just have to wait we don't have enough deputies in the County so none are available to help you.

Stay in your house and Don't go out there just let them go so nobody gets hurt. I hung up the phone took another drink of water contemplating the situation. Needless to say, I was a little more then put off by the Attitude of the dispatcher

I gave it a minute the called back and told her Never mind I took care of the problem. I don't need a Deputy Just send a hurst I shot them both then hung up. I picked my 45-70 lever gun and proceded to scare those boys to death when they walked back out of my barn and were looking down the barrel of that Winchester. they set down on a bail of hay.

It wasnt a long wait at all in about 2 minutes i heard the sound of Sirens and sure enough 4 deputies and 2 troopers showed up. After they arrested the thieves One of the Deputies tortly ask me . I thought you told the dispatcher You shot both of them ? you know we don't like to be lied to!

to which I replied, I thought she said ya'll werent available I don't much like being lied to either!

Have a great week ya'll
On a serious note, I would say this. Sweetwater TN nor Madisonville, TN will not take a call if your address is divided near each other. Each of these municipalities have stated its the counties area. Confusing to me, living in Sweetwater, TN but paying Madisonville, TN taxes; go figure.

I'm not so sure that I would ask them anything. It may be BOOM, BOOM OUT GO THE LIGHTS. "Where is my shovel."

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Shoot, shovel, shut up.

BTW, the marlin jams with either hollow points or flat nose. I of course don't load spitzers as it's a tube magazine, but it's not the point of the bullet causing any jam. Schmitty has given me a good idea of where to look for the issue. thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
Shoot, shovel, shut up.

BTW, the marlin jams with either hollow points or flat nose. I of course don't load spitzers as it's a tube magazine, but it's not the point of the bullet causing any jam. Schmitty has given me a good idea of where to look for the issue. thanks
What is the matter "Jacky", don't like people having an opinion.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Not the case at all. That saying is a common one in reference to shooting looters and what-not. I wasn't telling forum members to shut up, if that's how it was taken.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts