460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't say for sure yet, it's kind of a "wait and see situation". Gulfstream announced today that we are cutting our production rate from 94 to 73 aircraft this year. To keep the number of people laid off down to a minimum, production will shut down completely for 5 weeks :eek: in July. Also company wide, all 600 contractors will be let go and 600 full time employees will be laid off. I'm not in fear of losing my job because of my EPR (Employee Performance Rating) and service time, but this really f**king sucks. My co-worker that was coming with me and I talked about maybe sleeping in tents at the track if Phillip will allow it. Who knows, like I said it's going to be wait and see :(.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Douglas,
Damn the torpedo's...I'm going anyway. Bad news is over on our side....150 people gone MAY 1.
Get with me, We may have some "extra" room in our 2 rooms...

Ohh.. and we won't have 5 weeks off on my side of the plant..it will be business as usual...

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Doug, Kick back w/us at the track. We will have a BIG shindig and eat,drink, and be happy;)

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I appreciate that guys, but part of the problem is I was going to pay for my crews room too. The deal I made with my co-worker was to pay for their room and the fuel for use of his Ford Excursion to tow my car up there. He is game for camping out, but we're not to sure about his wife. Now if his wife decides not go, but stay at her parents who just happen to live in Bowling Green then we may be good to go. Knock on wood, we'll just have to wait and see!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts