460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I might need to replace my Miller roller rockers, 1.8 ratio, with 1.7's, maybe anyone interested in doing a trade? I've been trying to get a cam for my pulling truck with a max .650 lift. And not much is available for the 1.8 ratio.

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Doug did you try Shannons Engineering?

·
Registered
437 Posts
rockers

Might be interested in the millers if you want to part with them
Steve
Got a set of crane 1.7 but there the energizers

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
CompCams has 4 roller lobe profiles from 254° to 270° @.050" with .364" lobe lift listed in their master lobe list for "Race ONLY Cheater" Hydraulic or Mechanical "tight lash" use.

TEN degrees should be added to those @.050" numbers for comparable sizing because they are "tight lash" lobe profiles when used with a solid roller.

I can get you a "custom" cam ground if you are serious.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Randy: I tried calling you today. But no answer. I'll try calling you later. I called Comp. Cams the other day and the tech. could not find anything. Crane came up with a couple cams. The tech at Crane Cams said we shouldn't be running our 460's over 5000 RPM. They never were meant to do that. Hmmm???? :shock: :shock:

·
Banned
4,325 Posts
digger460 said:
Randy: I tried calling you today. But no answer. I'll try calling you later. I called Comp. Cams the other day and the tech. could not find anything. Crane came up with a couple cams. The tech at Crane Cams said we shouldn't be running our 460's over 5000 RPM. They never were meant to do that. Hmmm???? :shock: :shock:

Crane is run by idiots

I run one of their cams way back broke retainer @9500rpm on the first run and called them, they said yes they have a great warranty :) and then explained if I started the engine the warranty was void ! :shock: so that brought up a question what good is a cam if you don't run it???

never again

Randy

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
Today was my "delivery" day so I was sometimes not near my telephone.
Oh Well ... !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts