1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I figured being from the stealership they would be upwards of $20 or something. But since they are that cheap, I'll just go pick one up and not have to wait for shipping...

thanks guys, problem solved.

-Matt

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
yea it will most likly cost more to get one shipped but if ya run into a bind and cant find one just give me a holla you can have one for free just pay to ship it

·
8,521 Posts
Greenbroncoguy said:
I figured being from the stealership they would be upwards of $20 or something. But since they are that cheap, I'll just go pick one up and not have to wait for shipping...

thanks guys, problem solved.

-Matt
Stealership's ***....I'm a FORD dealer and I aint stealing **** . Not only will their be little/no wait and their will be no shipping cost .
$7.58 or $8.00 for UPS :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Stealership's ***....I'm a FORD dealer and I aint stealing **** . Not only will their be little/no wait and their will be no shipping cost .
$7.58 or $8.00 for UPS :lol:
.[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
backwoods said:
yea it will most likly cost more to get one shipped but if ya run into a bind and cant find one just give me a holla you can have one for free just pay to ship it
thanks for the offer backwoods, I'll see what happens.

Lem Evans said:
$7.58 or $8.00 for UPS
:lol: I only say that because most people get raped when they go to a dealership and have to pay 40% markup(not you guys Lem, I know you all hook people up from the forum daily). But being that we do mucho business with the local dealers and we own the bodyshop, we ususally get stuff at 20-35% off. But unlucky me, we only get 10% off Ford Racing parts... :cry:

·
8,521 Posts
Here is want is little understood......their is not a standard markup on Ford dealer parts .....their may be 40%-35%-30% or 25% depending on the part number .
The FRPP stuff is also not standard markup . A lot less markup than the dealer parts . Never the less....if you get a decent sized FRPP order give us a shout maye be we could save you some $s :)

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lem Evans said:
Here is want is little understood......their is not a standard markup on Ford dealer parts .....their may be 40%-35%-30% or 25% depending on the part number .
The FRPP stuff is also not standard markup . A lot less markup than the dealer parts . Never the less....if you get a decent sized FRPP order give us a shout maye be we could save you some $s :)
really good to know Lem, I'll keep you guys in mind as always. Especially when I get in to the 557 build that WILL be coming up in a month or two.

-Matt

·
Registered
212 Posts
I often find my local Ford dealer's prices to be outrageously high for simple items. I am offended actually at how Ford tries to basically rape the home mechanic on old truck parts. This year I went to my neighborhood Ford dealer to buy a twist on plastic bulb holder that holds an 1157 tail light bulb. My cost was over 32 dollars!!! It is prices that this that basically says to the customer screw you I will charge you up the nose if you have the nerve to come in here and order parts for a 74 Ford pickup. The service people won't talk to you. The parts people aren't overly friendly either. They should realize that some people love Ford products and enjoy working on their old Ford vehicles. This I would think should be a positive consideration for Ford. It is stuff like this that generates negative feelings towards dealers. Their margin is apparently in new cars and service. My local dealer doesn't seem to care about nostalgia at all. I think they should be able to make a profit, but to keep costs within reason and to be friendly to folks who come in with dirt on their nails after working on their own truck all afternoon. 32 bucks for a 8 dollar part is almost robbery. I think it would be good if Ford offered an enthusiasts discount, something like the same sort of discount they give to say, a local body shop, to home mechanics. This would show that Ford really cares about the small guy. FRPP prices, though are fair indeed. I recently paid only about 22 dollars for a one piece oil pan gasket. That is fair. The next time I need Ford factory or racing parts though, I am going to place my order with Lem as he is obviously a fine man who gives very valuable advice freely. I don't mind paying a little more if I have to to sombody like Lem, his advice is worth major $$$$$ alone. What irratates me is the local dealer screws me out of 32 bucks and does so without even apologizing for the price, even with a straight face, and if I ask a technical question they want me to go away. Not all dealers are as good as Lem is, for sure. That is why we should all try to spend our hard earned money with those great people who support our search for knowledge on this site.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts