460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I've needed some information, this has been the place for help. The Boss Mustang project needs a 16" O.D. air filter element to clear the Dominator carb float bowls. We have a drop base & top from BSR. The thinnest element I can find is 3". The hood closes, about 1/4" clearance, filter top to hood. If I could find a 2-3/4" tall x 16", it would be better. I'm sure things will bounce around or flex, and I don't want to mark up the hood or filter lid. It could be some OEM part or aftermarket. If anyone can find a brand and number, just respond here. Thanks, Kaase

·
Registered
686 Posts
Would this work Jon? This is a K&N part number E-1920. Here are the closest dimensions I could find for a 2 3/4" tall element.

E-1920 Product Specifications
Product Style: Round Air Filter
Height: 2.75 in (70 mm)
Inner Wire: Yes
Inside Diameter: 15.625 in (397 mm)
Outside Diameter: 18.25 in (464 mm)
Top Style: Open
Top Material/Finish: None
Filter Re-Oiling Amount: 2.21 oz (65 ml)
Weight: 4.4 lb (2 kg)
Product Box Length: 18.38 in (467 mm)
Product Box Width: 18.38 in (467 mm)
Product Box Height: 4.75 in (121 mm)

·
Registered
524 Posts
That K&N is the shortest biggest one I know of. Same one I am currently using on my car.

·
Registered
357 Posts
K&N has a Mopar style piece (more rectangular) of comparable hieght and area that I ran before I went the snorkel-style setup I have now. Either way requires fab. to come up with a suitable base and top. An Aluminum BSR base is a good starting point.

The Dominator is not well supported with air cleaners.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts