460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
I think it's a tank engine, I've seen it somewhere else.
I believe it's more of a "WOW" factor than anything else,
looks like it weighs as much as the rest of the car!

Edit: Beat me to it!

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Holy strokers Batman. 1100ci :shock: How rare is this motor?

·
Registered
708 Posts
schmitty said:
Holy strokers Batman. 1100ci :shock: How rare is this motor?
Not exactly common, but I've seen a few ads offering them for sale. The guy goes by Locomotive Breath on the H.A.M.B., but I haven't seen him post progress for a while.

·
Registered
400 Posts
He used the name LocomotiveBreath, it has appeared on many different forums and a couple of videos but than nothing else. The polished motor is a friend of his who is installing it in a ford truck.

The GAA motor can be found in salvage yards for military equipment but are few and far between. They also require some handy machine skills to assemble and rebuild (according to the owner).

·
Registered
277 Posts
I've seen that before. Check out the videos, it is cool! Like you say, it has the "WOW" factor, but really not that practical. I think it would be killer in a boat.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
77F150 said:
The GAA motor can be found in salvage yards for military equipment but are few and far between. They also require some handy machine skills to assemble and rebuild (according to the owner).
Somehow I don't think that transmission he has bolted up to the flywheel is gonna work properly. Makes me kinda doubt the whole "high" level of machine skills required for the engine... :lol: Just teasing, of course. Always cool to see that car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts