460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found out the other day that the IHRA Modified Class that I run has changed rules at MP Dragway. No more transbrakes and no two steps. Footbrake ONLY!

Something about the season ending race in Alabama that is footbrake only.

I just hooked my transbrake up AGAIN but no big deal, I'll just unplug it. Was thinking of buying a two step but glad I didn't.

I'm used to foot braking so BIG advantage for me :wink:

Anyone else dealing with a rule change?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
941 Posts
Phantasea466 said:
Something about the season ending race in Alabama that is footbrake only.
Damon, do you run IHRA Div 2? If so, yes that's the deal. I'm guessing MP is Mountain Park Dragway? The Div 2 Bracket Finals will be at my home track in NE Alabama. Alabama International Dragway (also known by the town's name, Steele) The race is the 3rd weekend in Sept.

Link to info on the race, Hope you can come down!
http://www.ihra.com/downloads/pdf/2007/d2teamfinals.pdf

The removal of the MOD class at the finals was not something done just now. The Finals have been in South Carolina the past several years. They didn't have Mod there either. The last time it was at my track they did have MOD about 6 years ago.

Anyways, the classes for cars are TOP (delay box, two-step, transbrake, etc. TOP is 9.00 and faster 1/8 mile)
and Super. SUP is Footbrake only. No delaybox, two step or transbrake. Electric or co2 shifters ARE allowed. SUP is all run. No upper limit on times.

David Cole

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
125 Posts
I JUST PUT IN A 2 STEP AND TRANS BRAKE LAST WEEKEND TO RUN MODEFIED AT M.P. :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I JUST PUT IN A 2 STEP AND TRANS BRAKE LAST WEEKEND TO RUN MODEFIED AT M.P.

I'M SO TICKED OFF I MISSPELLED MODIFIED
Brandon,

My buddy Gene in the Blue 68 Mustang did the same thing! He just installed a new two step & tranbrake to run Modified and now can't run it :roll:

Fortunately all I have to do is unplug the transbrake wire.

Hey are you and your friends going to the BBF Bash? I haven't heard from you in a while?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
125 Posts
CLYDE-(FE MUSTANG)-ISN'T GOING. HE HURT HIS MOTOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO AT MP. EVERYONE ELSE SAID IT WAS TOO FAR TO HAUL. I'LL STILL GO IF I CAN FIND SOMEONE TO GO WITH. I'VE ALREADY TAKEN THE VACATION DAYS. :wink:

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BB94STANG said:
CLYDE-(FE MUSTANG)-ISN'T GOING. HE HURT HIS MOTOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO AT MP. EVERYONE ELSE SAID IT WAS TOO FAR TO HAUL. I'LL STILL GO IF I CAN FIND SOMEONE TO GO WITH. I'VE ALREADY TAKEN THE VACATION DAYS. :wink:
Brandon,

So which is it? Are you a drug dealer, Pharmacist or officer :?: OR all of the above :p

Sorry to hear about your buddies Mustang. What happened? Hope it's nothing serious, those 427 blocks are getting hard to come by!

Too far to haul? We have guys hauling from Texas, New York, Jersey, Iowa, North Carolina, Florida.... Just to name a few :lol:

Hey you can always meet up with myself or Chuck and convoy the rest of the way. Which way are you driving? I can meet you at my shop in Lawrenceburg or at my house in Shelbyville or maybe in Louisville :idea: I'm driving over on Thursday afternoon.

Edit:

I just checked google maps and looks as if you would most likely drive through Louisville KY :idea:

·
Registered
125 Posts
I REALLY AM A LEGIT PHARMACIST. THE GUY WHO PAINTED MY CAR PUT A "BUILT WITH DRUG MONEY STICKER ' ON THE BACK OF MY CAR. I FIGURE IT IS JUST A MATTER OF TIME B4 I GET PULLED OVER BY A STATE PATROL WHO DOESN'T THINK IT'S FUNNY. I'LL CHECK THE MAP ABOUT MEETING UP WITH YA, BUT I'M STILL COMING EVEN IF I DON'T BRING THE CAR. :D

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts