460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently been having some tranny problems. Although I'm not sure, I think that part/all of the problem leads back to a worn shifter. I currently have a B&M Quiksilver. I have around 10,000 street miles on shifter.

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=115+300202&D=300202

I am wondering what you guys are using for shifters. My car is 98% street driven, but I tend to lean towards the 'strip' side of most things :). I have a full manual, reverse pattern C6.

Have a good day!
Michael

·
Registered
276 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
I'm a fan of true gated shifters versus ratchet shifters. Obviously a bunch of guys use ratchets and have had good luck, but they were always hit or miss for me.

Anyway, the Cheetah is excellent...as well as the Winters/Performance Automatic gated shifter. The Cheetah is probably a little "slicker", the Winters shifter is a little nicer looking IMO.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I also would say the Cheetah. I love the way they work. I have a B&M right now works OK but more of the a pain to operate.

·
Registered
561 Posts
shifter

Cheetah is the smoothest shifter on the market also the only shifter that lines up correctly at the shift points on Ford trannies easy to use as well. Only my opinion Gregg

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the comments guys!

I ended up going with a Pro Ratchet.

I should have the tranny back in the car this weekend. Hopefully it works this time :).

Have a good day!
Michael

·
Registered
461 Posts
re Pro ratchet

For those of you using a pro ratchet, do the gates on the shifter line up with the gates on the C6? I am using a mega shifter with a C6/tci reverse manual body, and I'm having a heck of a time getting all the gates to line up so I'm looking for a shifter that will line up better.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Re: re Pro ratchet

loganwildman said:
For those of you using a pro ratchet, do the gates on the shifter line up with the gates on the C6? I am using a mega shifter with a C6/tci reverse manual body, and I'm having a heck of a time getting all the gates to line up so I'm looking for a shifter that will line up better.
Not sure if your shift gate is falling short or long of of whats needed on the transmission, or if the gate has a gear or two not spaced correctly, but would making the transmission shift lever (that attaches the shift cable) longer or shorter change the ratio enough to bring it in? If yours looks like the one my Pro Ratchet uses (TH400 application), it would be easy to make one from flat bar and drill a series of holes and experiment to find a better situation.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts