460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a project car.

I'd like to find a 90-93 or up car.


Find a car that someone hasn't torn the torque boxes out of yet with no rust or dents less than 800.00?

Can anyone ponit me to a good place to look.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
Keep an eye out for local auctions.We have an auction here about every two weeks and the vehicles have to be lien free and they tell you if it has been a former total loss as well.Some auctions aren't run like this so it might be buyer beware there as you always have to keep in mind there is a reason the car is being sold at an auction.Another option is to run an ad in the local paper looking for a mechanic's special Mustang.My local wrecker has an ad in the paper stating they buy unwanted vehicles and it is amazing the vehicles they get for next to nothing with mechanical issues.Although it might be tempting to buy a vehicle that requires a lot of body work or has title problems it generally ends up costing more in the end.Also project vehicles generally go fairly cheap on ebay although it isn't too practical unless the seller is local and you can inspect it yourself. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/89-Mustang-lx-hatchback-4-cylinder-2-3l-mustang-gt-5-0_W0QQitemZ8046522016QQcategoryZ6783QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
There is a 92 coupe on fordmuscle.com Asking $500 but he will take $300 its in NC. Its a 4cyl car, Light wreck but easy fix and great for a drag car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
That '86 sounds like a great deal. Can't beat a four-eye car, especially a coupe. You ought to jump all over that, Mr Jones! :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the offer, but I'm hoping to find a v8 notch and 87-93.

Nothing wrong with the 4-eyed cars. Just the 87-93 seem to have more parts avaliable. Plus if I can find a v8 instead of a 4 cylinder due to brake sizes and rear axle.

I was just wondering. I know alot of guys on this site have mustangs.



Now if someone knows where a SVO turbo 4 cylinder EFI car is I'd love to buy one of those.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
I have an SVO. It has some minor dings from hail, but the body is straight and the interior is in decent shape (needs a dash pad, steering wheel recovered, and driver's seat repaired.) It is a Comp Prep car (no upper wing.) If you're going to swap in a V8, I'd come down on the price of the car if I kept the motor/trans. PM me if you're interested. I'm in western Arkansas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,941 Posts
how about a 90 notchback , with a 8.8 with 4.11 gears lakewood everything in the back, Comp E anti-roll bar, 90/10 struts with coilover's, camber caster plates,braided brake hose's, wheel wells trimmed for 28x11.5 hoosiers, all new weld rodlite wheels and all new tire's , all autometer gauges, fuel cell with dual pumps and regulartors.. etc..

Put higher then your price range, pm for picks and details..if you want.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alcatraz95 said:
I have an SVO. It has some minor dings from hail, but the body is straight and the interior is in decent shape (needs a dash pad, steering wheel recovered, and driver's seat repaired.) It is a Comp Prep car (no upper wing.) If you're going to swap in a V8, I'd come down on the price of the car if I kept the motor/trans. PM me if you're interested. I'm in western Arkansas.
If I could find a turbo 4 cylinder car I would probably keep it like that. Me and my brother also mess around with turbo 4 cylinder cars. I was always impressed with the turbo 4's.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd like to say one thing.

I'm mainly wanting to get a feel. It takes me a long time to make my mind up on what I want to do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,941 Posts
jones said:
I'd like to say one thing.

I'm mainly wanting to get a feel. It takes me a long time to make my mind up on what I want to do.

Same here , I know the feeling...at the moment, I plan on mini tubbing mine, ask me later and I'll be fulling tubbung it..... Not sure what to do myself :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
jones said:
[If I could find a turbo 4 cylinder car I would probably keep it like that. Me and my brother also mess around with turbo 4 cylinder cars. I was always impressed with the turbo 4's.
Me too. Do you ever drop in over at TurboFord.org?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alcatraz95 said:
jones said:
[If I could find a turbo 4 cylinder car I would probably keep it like that. Me and my brother also mess around with turbo 4 cylinder cars. I was always impressed with the turbo 4's.
Me too. Do you ever drop in over at TurboFord.org?
Never have! I will have to check it out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
It's a pretty lively place. There's at least one guy there who has run in the 8s on a stock block. A lot of guys w/ 300hp, several w/ 400, and even a few with 500.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My brother Honda runs low 8's on street tires in the 1/8.

On average it runs 8.2's @ 91 mph with street tires. He has been having problems with the DR. Keeps breaking axles at the track. So he hasn't been able to make any full out passes.
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
The 4 clyinder cars are usually much cheaper than the v8 cars and as far as building a race car (or Street/strip) you'll probably need to replace everythingway? Swap Motor, Trans & Rear. Shells are the same.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top