460 Ford Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Ford Mustang LX 351M powered!! Project Cherry Bomb!!
359 Posts
Does your 460 have a 5 blade clutch fan or 7 blade? Here's a 7 blade fan I have from a '79 F350, would pull considerably more air than a 5 blade
OP is using a new 3 core radiator with a dual fan setup. Said there was no change after installing new radiator and fans... I'm back to blinker fluid or rotating the hubcaps... 🙄🤔🤔

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Does your 460 have a 5 blade clutch fan or 7 blade? Here's a 7 blade fan I have from a '79 F350, would pull considerably more air than a 5 blade
when it had a clutch fan on it, i had the 5 Blade. i had bought a 7 blade to install on it, but it didn't fit. it turned out that it was for a ranger. why would a ranger need a 7 blade fan??? anyway, the hole in the center was probably a tenth of an inch too small and wouldn't go over the flange that bolts to the water pump. can you measure the diameter of the center hole, and then measure the small bolt holes center to center crossways and post it please? thank you in advance.

Edit. i found a new one on Ebay and ordered it. thank you so much for that insight. i will let you know how it turns out once i get it, and install it. :)

21 - 22 of 22 Posts