460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for just a little while, making the move from florida to west texas/ eastern NM, not a bad thing, all the tracks ar 1/4 mile instead of 1/8 like in florida, i'll be hitting you guys up for some high altitude tunning later on

rick

·
Registered
728 Posts
Well welcome to Texas. I think it may take you a while to get used to the lack of rain and humidity.

·
Registered
720 Posts
for just a little while, making the move from florida to west texas/ eastern NM, not a bad thing, all the tracks ar 1/4 mile instead of 1/8 like in florida, i'll be hitting you guys up for some high altitude tunning later on

rick

Hey Rick have a good safe trip out there, good your going during the winter so the heat wont be so bad on I-10...............ron

·
Registered
30 Posts
ended up moving to portales, didn't have a choice, i'm one of those active duty types
So was I!....spent 3 years there. The country has an austere beauty to it. Didn't think much of the towns. When you get a chance spend some time in Ruidoso and Lincoln County. If your outdoorsy you'll have a good time during your tour. And get used to the feed-lot smell. Related video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARtSx6kPQ8A

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
That's nice out there Rick! My Dad and I took one of our cross country trips out that way, because I wanted to see where Billy the Kid did all his damage. :D Drove through Lincoln County, and visited the Courthouse where Billy escaped and shot a few. That must have been a great time in the late 1880's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts