460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Billy,

Great Video ! I messed with an on board camera it a little but haven't gotten it perfected. Your sound and video quality really came out good!!
The Bronco runs really good also, made short work out of that pit! Did you place?

Jeffro

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jeff. I used my wifes Sony Cyber-shot camera mounted on a homemade bracket that's hose clamped to the roll cage...nothing fancy by no means.
I ran Class 6 which is a 44" tire class. We had 10 trucks and I finished 8-9th. Ran a 5.37 back in May and ran a 5.40 Sat. night. I guess you could say it's consistant...lol I think the winning time was in the 3.70s. I'm the only truck thats still tagged and insured. Not competitive but we all have a damn good time. Later, Billy

· Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Billy,

Sure looks good to me!! I wish I had a street truck that ran like that!! Heck most guys race trucks don't run like that!! You've done a really good job on it, and you keep it really nice and clean!

I was thinking of using my phone camera but my still camera would sure work much better and Deb could still keep the video running from the outside. I'll rig it up for Sunday!!

See ya,

Jeffro

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can't wait to take a ride with ya Jeff! That should be some good footage for sure. Thanks again for the kind words. It's definatly nice and muddy now. Ran the sprinkler under it yesterday and going to get after it this afternoon with the power washer. 5 seconds of fun for 5 hours of cleaning....is this a sickness?????lol Billy

· Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Billy,

Your not lying it's five whole hours maybe more!! I DO THE SPRINKLERS ALSO. Do you use the "0" tip power washer end? It's nice because "If you can see it, you can hit it" so you can be at the rear bumper, see a chunk of mud sitting on the transfer case and knock it off. But it will cut your tires or skin the paint off your truck at close range.

I'm like you, gotta have my stuff clean. Armour all, black paint and mothers polish before every race. Then it's trashed again!!:mad:
That's why I enter at least two or three classes, it's already muddy!

See ya,

Jeffro

· Registered
189 Posts
Can't wait to take a ride with ya Jeff! That should be some good footage for sure. Thanks again for the kind words. It's definatly nice and muddy now. Ran the sprinkler under it yesterday and going to get after it this afternoon with the power washer. 5 seconds of fun for 5 hours of cleaning....is this a sickness?????lol Billy
Ya just need another set of tires to run the 40 down class, that would run pretty good with some 39.5 Boggers

Then ya get 10 sec. of fun for the 5 hr cleanup

Nice vid.

· Registered
177 Posts
I used my 2 inch honda and the fire nozzle. Blows the big stuff off real nice. I built a little tripod for the nozzle, just set it up and walk away. Come back in about 5 minutes and its pushed 150 gallons of water under the truck. Use the power washer for the rest. Major advantage when we bought the acerage. Water from the pond so it only cost me the gas. The boy likes to help sometimes so i just open the nozzle to the wide spray and let the pump idle and he goes to town. Comes back wet and covered in mud. Gotta love free help. Another 7 years and i get pushed out of the drivers seat lol .

Nice runs by the way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.