·
Registered
1,419 Posts
So, what did it run, Randy? Sounded good :!:

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think that run was a 5.78. I put a different carb on for that pass and it was too fat :lol: . You can hear it bog on the start just a little. It ran 5.72 - 5.71 the rest of the night. I still have a traction issue . I have had the ic in several different spots, it doesn't get any worse or better unless this hot weather is covering it up. Thats at I57 dragway in West Frankfort Illinois Chris

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Randy,
That sounded and looked great, I am going to have to make time to hook up with you and watch you run. 8)

·
Registered
612 Posts
Randy

Looks good bro. I need to get an incar camera in my rig so I can show everyone how wild most of my passes are. Are you goning down to Gleason on fri. or sat.?
On another subject, I've been keeping your neighbor Jody Dick busy the last week. I think he's tired of seeing me.
I didnt know he was your neighbor until he started talking about his nieghbor reving his motor at all hours of the night! lol.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can use my camera mount sometime . Yea , I know Jody and he don't have any room to talk about reving motors late at night. Our other neighbors might have room to complain a bit though :lol: I have to work the next 2 weekends , so I hope you guys get that new "green" track broke in so I don't have to worry about slipping and sliding :lol: .

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Damon. I thought of a good way building a bracket for them. I will post a pic of it later. Basically all I would need to know is the dimensions of the cameras we intend to use and the size of roll bar tubing. I can fab a bracket for about $15 or so.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its a sony handy cam. It worked good. I was afraid it might skip but it did not. I used a 1 7/8" muffler clamp , wrapped the roll bar with electrical tape and made a square aluminum bracket out of flat 1/8 " aluminum that would allow me to open the view finder on the camera. Bolted the square bracket to one of the studs (via a hole drilled in the strap and 2 nuts) on the muffler clamp, used some washers for shims etc.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
What type of storage media is the camera that you used for the in car video? Is it a VHS-C, mini-DV, hard drive, or a memory card type video camera?

From everything I have read so far, the Mini-DV type video cameras are still about the best "all around" type video camera for racing type videos even though they are somewhat older technology.

Supposedly the newest "modern technology" hard drive & memory card type video cameras do record super clean video if the subject is slow moving. But they are so new that they just don't have enough "balls" yet to record clearly something like a faster car's launch at a high shutter speed. And at this time they still don't really have much recording time.

In second place (at this time) would probably be the old VHS-C cameras. Even though they are old (OLD) technology, they do have superior video quality compared to the mega-ancient full size VHS camera's. Compared to a VHS-C, my full size VHS camera's video quality looks like it was from the stone age.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
ky mustang said:
Its a mini dvd.
Oh yea, I forgot they make a DVD mini disk camera now days as well, soooo many formats to choose from. It's almost like the old VHS vs Beta tape wars.

ky mustang said:
I uploaded it with that quick beta loader on photobucket and it made the video narrow looking, thats the first time its done that though.

It's not just photobucket that "squishes" some of the videos, youtube has done it too. The "squished" look might be because of the damn .flv flash player video player that a lot of image sites use now days instead of viewers like Quicktime, Windows, or Realplayer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts