460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm needing a 460 block so i can get started on my build and everyone local here is wanting upwards around 500 bucks for either the block or a shortblock. i'm not going to pay this rediculous price and as ya'll can tell i'm still holding out for one at a decent price.....let me know if anyone has one or knows of someone that has one that i may can get one from....

thanks guys

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awrighty, now i just gotta figure out how to get it from houston to abilene lol....

any idea on shipping to 79606?

·
Registered
558 Posts
I just bought a D1VE block, crank, and rods in San Antonio. We might be able to work a deal. I'd go $150 on all of it.

*Edit*
Just checked Fedex Freight, UPS Freight, and Con-Way. Looks like $200 freight charge before the discount. Could end up somewhere around $135 after the discount.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
your in SA? i'll be headed down to Junction just after thanksgiving if you think you'll still be interested in selling by then? keep from you haveing to ship and me from having to pay for shipping?

let me know man.
Thanks

·
Registered
212 Posts
I lived in Odessa once for a travel nurse assignment. Every other car out there has a 460 in it. If you look in the local paper you will be able to find entire cars for 2-300 bucks and have all kinds of parts to sell and you'll end up with an engine for next to nothing plus alot of parts that you can use. Its a great way to go as you will be needing oil pans, front covers, all kinds of stuff that goes for $$$. Oh, the Permian Basin, great place to buy cars!!!!, but Abilene is alot nicer. Shipping on items like heads and blocks is a factor, why not just buy local? Take your time and find a good mid 70's F-250 with 2wd, alot of them came with D1VE 460's, and Dana 60 rear axles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts