460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Video of my car at HMP in Houston.

Here's a video of my car at HMP in Houston. This was on a Friday night "Street races". The crowd is overly excited because the announcer got them worked up on who was going to win, "the bike or the car". Most people picked the bike. I beat the bike by almost a 1/2 second. The bike ran a 6.29 in the 1/8th. If you back the video up you can see the front tires out about 60'. You'll need Quicktime to view the video. Very large file 11,000 kb.

http://media.putfile.com/69Mustang591_vs_Hayabusa

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Fuel

OK I use 1.5 Gal. racing fuel per 300' so on a good nite I make two runs there's 3 gal of Renegade Pro Power 114 gone... I have 21 pulls that I run two classes in and And 8 pulls that I only run once in.

So I should use about 70.5 Gals. of 114 octane racing fuel this season in my truck .. And then We have my Dad's truck and he uses about 1.2 gal per run....So he'll use about 32 gals this year.. all together that's 102.5 gals @ $7.00 per gal .... =$717.50 for just having FUN... :p :p

·
Registered
320 Posts
Not trying to out do you, but I find your info interesing, and thought I would add my fuel usage this year,
I do not know how much fuel I use per run, but when buying Methanol locally it is 189.00 per barrel, & I just started into my fifth barrel for this year, :D Not all is used during racing, I like to give the truck plenty of warm up time, & I do like the back yard tuning method,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts