460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Best deal I've heard as of late is from Haggerty Insurance. Something like $300/yr which covers the car, trailer and tools you have with you. I pay about $100/yr on a collector's policy, but it's very restrictive in relation to mileage and storage.

Also, nobody covers vehicles that are actively engaged in racing. Guy in the other lane plows into you, blow a tire and hit the wall, etc.....oh well, that's racing.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response, Carl.

I do have Hagerty for my "strictly" street Classic but was wondering about the vehicles that are truly multiple purpose.

From the posts on many of the Sites, I understand there appear to be a lot of vehicles out there that are used on the Street and on the track. I was just wondering how they are being covered.

BT

·
Registered
113 Posts
My coverage with Hagerty covers

My ride while it is locked inside its storage room and while I am driving it, "until" I drive through the drag strip tech line and get a number. It picks up again when I go out the front gate of the dragstrip.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EXCELLENT!!

That is what I was trying to find out. I had not spoken to Hagerty about it but that makes sense. I had been hesitant to broach the subject with the agent.

THANKS!!

BT

·
Registered
546 Posts
With Hagerty insurance, you will need an appraisal if you want to insure it for more than $25,000. Anything below that, no appraisal.

The agent will ask alot of questions about your car's build, and will want a few photos to keep on file.

When I first got my car, I insured it through my regular car insurance company, but they would only insure it for the purchase price.

·
Registered
429 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,231 Posts
I had street and strip insurance on my last Mustang from Farmer's Insurance, while on the road my deductable was $500 but on the strip it was $2500. I had to have the car appraised and all reciepts for the work done and as I did all the work myself I had to also get a written quote from 3 shops to show what my time was worth. That was years ago so they may not do it anymore.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
track insurance

before everyones panties get in a bunch lets keep this usefull.

I too went to the yellowbullet link. They are covering the car on the track along with if you hit a car in the other lane. It covers the car in transit to the track in a trailer, the trailer itself, and all the tools in the trailer.

Now that being said yes you would also need insurance for the street and that was out right said in the post over there.

Someone like myself that plans on having over 60 in parts alone to build the car and lets not mention the countless hours to build 1 off stuff. You will not find me at the track racing unless i have something like this, not saying this may have some loop holes to watch for. He seemed to explain most the stuff that would concern me at the track and transporting it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had street and strip insurance on my last Mustang from Farmer's Insurance, while on the road my deductable was $500 but on the strip it was $2500. I had to have the car appraised and all reciepts for the work done and as I did all the work myself I had to also get a written quote from 3 shops to show what my time was worth. That was years ago so they may not do it anymore.
Do they still make people jump all kinds of hoops like that to get the car that you built on your own insured? Can someone post some more recent experiences, please?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts