460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know how much interest there would be in having someone come in and do chassis certification on site at Owensboro. I know of a couple of people that have expressed interest in doing this, now there is a chance we could pull this off if there is enough interest. The inspector usually charges a flat fee for coming on site and do certification inspections usually in the area of 125-200 bucks. The more cars we can have to be certified the cost per car would be less. If we could get maybe 6 or 8 cars then each person's cost would be within reason.
Also is there any interest in having someone on hand to do licensing passes to obtain NHRA drivers license on Saturday. Each person would be responsible for getting all of his/her papers in order (down load off the NHRA web site) and have physical exams done before the Owensboro event. I have talked to Damon about this and we are at the point where we need to know just how much interest there would be in doing certification and licensing before going further. Thanks

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
License runs are a GO for Friday. Spoke with Phillip about this today. I'll be making my License runs at Windy either at the BBF Bash or most likely before the BBF Bash.

Drivers will need to fill out the NHRA form and get a Physical from a Doc. Go to NHRA.com for the forms.

Chassis will also need to be certified. I know of 3, maybe 4 Chassis so far that are interested in the Chassis Certification deal at the BBF Bash

Bobby Anthony
Blake Cartwright
Bruce Sherry
David Willingham?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Chassis Certification

Me..Me..Me..Me..too!

Our chassis certification expires this summer so if we can get someone at the track to do inspections, count me in!

Bruce
:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
185 Posts
chassis

If we can save some money, i'm in to get my truck certification. The inspector coming to the track is a great idea!! :D 8)

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
What sanctioning body are you wanting to inspect to, NHRA or IHRA? I know Rick want's to get his IHRA chassis cert. Just some info here. I just had my chassis recertified. I called an IHRA chassis inspector who lives about 1 1/2 - 2 hrs from me on Monday afternoon. He came to my house Monday night & certified my car. I did pay him for his time. It still came out cheaper for me than having to buy gas to tow the car either to him or a local track. Just throwing another option out to you if you can't line up an inspector. :D

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
They'll probably let you run,if your car will pass inspection . you just got 2 weeks to get it done before you can run there again more than likely.Call Phillip and make sure.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Fail? Mustangs NEVER fail!

BuddyThomas said:
Just keep in mind, that if your car fails you can not race.
Buddy,

NO problem, I'm going to have my car "study" it's *** off to make sure it passes the test!!

Bruce
:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
623 Posts
56tbird said:
They'll probably let you run,if your car will pass inspection . you just got 2 weeks to get it done before you can run there again more than likely.Call Phillip and make sure.

Good to know ahead of time, that saves me quite a bit of money and time off work. I WAS planning to come.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Bob, IN the past I have seen people bring their cars to a NHRA track to have a NHRA tech guy insp the car. The car fails due to a bar missing or too small and then not being able to race that day. Just call Phil and see what he has to say.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Yes, I remember the one bar deal! In 94 at Steele Ala, IHRA, we carried a Pro Mod with Pro Max race cars chassis, (brand new) that was certified at Bristol 4 months earlier and were told that could not run b/c two upright bars behind seat were 1 1/2 and they HAD to be 1 5/8. Pro Max built the chassis to specs. Come to find out, rule had been revised in off season. Roy Hill spoke to Joe Tech, then it passed! Hmmm??? Bars were redone at considerable cost, re powdercoated, then checked again at next IHRA race.

But, my car does not have full cage, has 8 point welded with stick, has a few holes in firewall, has some fuel line that is not per spec, but IS safe, not enough threads out of lug nuts although nuts have more than two in of engaged treads on long studs, no net, helmet and belts out of date not only that but driver is out of date too! :wink:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That is what I need is recertification also as mine ran out in December. I also need to know if any changes have been made since 2004 reguarding cars to be certified to run 7.50 or slower in a 1/4 mile. I do not get the National Dragster anymore and I do not have a new rule book. If anyone knows if there have been changes made please let me know as I will need to get them made before the Bash. Thanks; any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Bobby,

I just looked at the rulebook and dont see any changes made. That is what we are needing as well is recert on our car but ours is only to 8.50. Our cert doesn't run out till sept. but just want to get it before its expired. Hope this helps

Keith

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Keith; I am glad no major changes have been made, I had heard that something had been changed but did not know what. Thanks Damon, what I am worried about is the inspector finds something that needs to be fixed in order to certify and until the problem is fixed he will not afix the certification sticker to the cars chassis. Unless there is someone on hand there at the track to take care of some small fixes I would have to return home without the sticker, I guess, but would be out the money to do the inspection but could not fully get the sticker. I understand that I would be allowed to run the car without certification at Windy Hollow but UNTIL the car passes the inspection the certification will not be put on the chassis. If I know of any changes that need to be made I can have my Chassis guy add bars or whatever before we make the trip up for the inspection. Thanks for all you help and it looks like there would be plenty of cars needing inspection to justify having someone there to do them.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts