·
Registered
5,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Meramec river got VERY high between Cuba and Steelville(my house is in Steelville) and they thought they were going to have to close Hwy 19. Fortunately the water broke through a dike and flooded a large lake that was right behind the levy and that dropped the level of the water a few ft.

Not too much harm done except for some camp grounds and stuff which were wrecked.

We had no damage at the shop or here at my house thank goodness.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I completely disbelive the entire global warming hoopla. The following reasons.
The great messenger of this gloom and doom prophecy, is not a scientist of any sort and was proven to be a complete liar when he was running for president. Remember " I invented the internet" my daughter was the first volunteer of the peace corp".
His slide show has many false statements, exaggerations etc that have been proven to be wrong.
We have zero quantitative data on what the temperatures of the earth were like 1000, 2000 5000 10000 plus years ago. we have only been able to accurately measure the temperature for the last 150 years.
While we do not have quatitative data on the earths average temp we have historical data showing that periods of warmer temps in europe. benefitted society. (they used to be able to grow wine grapes in England, but can't now because it is too cold and wet. )
Statements they make about global warming: Polar bears are dying because all the ice is melting away. Nonsense. Bear populations have increased every year since the 50's when they started counting. thay have increased something like 5 fold on 50 years.
the antarctic ice all all melting: OK so it is. how thick was the ice 200 years ag, or 500 or 1000 years. you have no idea.
ice melts, and ice reforms.
Last point: the attitudes about global warming: If you disagree with this THEORY. you are labeled an idiot, a nut, an insensitive polluter who just doesn't care about the earth!!
the whole warming thing is just a THEORY! a very unproven THEORY!
The enviro types act like this stuff is just gospel and were all to blame.

OK I'm going to go drive my large carbon emitting vehicle now...
Make more greenhouse gas..

Say, does anyone remember the whole world Ice Age deal we all went through in the 70's? Whern't we all going to freeze to death by now?
Something about the whole earths temp dropping for a few years back then? What ever became of that?

"I've seen alot of trouble in my time, and very little of it came to pass"
- Mark Twain

DV

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Point well given and taken...

Thanks Dane,

Be C 8) 8) L,

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Dave that report shows how little they know about anything they are looking at. Yet they are quick to say that it is global warming. This is the biggest hoax I seen. :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Al Gore could stand to make billions in "Carbon Credits" if he scares us into follwing blindly. Scientist would get billions in funding and grants to "study" global warming and figure out how to stop it. The worlds governments would get billions in taxes and fees. Just follow the money. I have listed quite a few debunking articles here, but they are worth reading. Do a search and you will finds thousands more. And by the way, the South pole ice (Antarctic) is actually growing, I guess Gore forgot to mention that in his movie when he was scaring the heck out of little kids and naive adults.

WEATHER CHANNEL FOUNDER SAYS GLOBAL WARMING BIGGEST HOAX IN HISTORY
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2007/11/07/weather-channel-founder-global-warming-greatest-scam-history

Greenland Ice Find Debunks Al Gore’s Global Warming Theories
http://newsbusters.org/node/13948

Less Than 1/2 of Published Scientists Endorse Global Warming Theory
http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=8641

Global Warming: The Cold, Hard Facts?
http://canadafreepress.com/2007/global-warming020507.htm

Sunspots prime suspects in global warming?
http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0927/p13s03-sten.html

Challenge to Scientific Consensus on Global Warming: Analysis Finds Hundreds of Scientists Have Published Evidence Countering Man-Made Global Warming Fears
http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/news_press_release,176495.shtml

CNN Meteorologist: ‘Definitely Some Inaccuracies’ in Gore Film
http://media.newsbusters.org/stories/cnn-meteorologist-definitely-some-inaccuracies-gore-film.html?q=blogs/paul-detrick/2007/10/04/cnn-meteorologist-definitely-some-inaccuracies-gore-film

Court Identifies Eleven Inaccuracies in Al Gore’s ‘An Inconvenient Truth
http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2007/10/09/court-identifies-eleven-inaccuracies-al-gore-s-inconvenient-truth

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
After this winter, I'm all for Global Warming!

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
after this winter? it's still here. global warming, true or not, i want my *** warm even if my butt is in north or south pole.

·
Registered
902 Posts
The whole idea is a bit silly, kind of like anything al gore would think up. Really com on now, the world's scientists have been able to acurately measure temps most places in the world for, what, about 50 years, tops, and they are going to change the way the whole operates on this small sliver of data, that can be interpolated 20 different ways, by 20 different people. Sorry al, I am one of the non- believers!

·
Registered
728 Posts
http://www.ipcc.ch/pdf/assessment-report/ar4/wg2/ar4-wg2-chapter5.pdf

im having to write a report and give a slide show on this subject here in about a week. i have also watched al gores "inconvenient truth" in the last two weeks, and i have to say it goes both ways. i think he made some good points but its hard to believe them in a format presented by him.

anyhow, its a difficult read but there is the highest amount of uncertainty understanding every single issue related to global warming, this article has hundreds of references listed at the bottom if you dont believe it.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
http://www.newswithviews.com/Coffman/mike11.htm
from the article:
"Although it totally discredits CO2 driven warming, at least as it is presently theorized, global warming alarmists and the highly politicized UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) refuse to even consider it. When cornered on the subject, they have said that evidence does support their theory. In doing so, the alarmists admit they are politically motivated, and will do or say anything to protect their agenda at the complete sacrifice of true science. "

And like I said in an earlier post. These 'scientists' are getting millions of dollars to study it and therefore fudge the results to scare the heck out of us and therefore get more $$$. The IPCC is a joke.

D

·
0 Posts
I hate to sound like a conspiricy theorest..... But It sounds to me like Global warming is being used to manipuate / influence people into an adgenda.....

Its about having power.....

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
dfree383 said:
I hate to sound like a conspiricy theorest..... But It sounds to me like Global warming is being used to manipuate / influence people into an adgenda.....

Its about having power.....

BINGO :!:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Another one of those arguments were the alarmists cant prove it IS happening, and the skeptics cant prove it IS NOT happening. I believe we are supposed to be warming up from the last Littie Ice age that lasted from 16th century for approx the last 400 years, not caused mostly by CO2 but that is only my theory. LOL

Key points that should be rememberd when discussing this issue,
There actually is a difference between WHEATHER and CLIMATE.
CO2 can play a part as well as SOLAR activity.
Scientists can get pretty accurate temp readings from the glacier ice pack readings of core samples, back 1000 years.
And solar activity events recorded in radiocarbon goes back even further.

It is all about how you interpret the DATA.
I am just going to have to wait and find out, :roll:

·
Registered
928 Posts
Tom thats the biggest point it is about how you interpret the data, but they leave out a lot of stuff when discussing the ice cores like the little fact that IF the planet warms up it doesn't put on new ice which would carry the temps and CO2 levels so when they do a core sample they DON'T have a core sample of the times when it was warm in history so they don't have any idea what the temps actually were nor the CO2 levels. Next little fact they convienently forget to tell you (you have to actually look at the charts not just listen to what they say about he levels of CO2) the temps rise BEFORE the CO2 levels, yet now they want us to buy into the rising levels of CO2 causing warming. Take this even in recent times and you see the fallacy of the entire man made global warming theory. using the data from the alarmist as proof, they claim that the temps have increased in the past 100 yrs by .8degrees C. ok fine lets have that fact, they also show on the charts that the majoriity of that rise happened in the first 40yrs of the last century, ok still fine but then sit here and tell you that the CO2 Levels have dramatically increased in the past 30 yrs (during the time that the global temps on thier own charts has either dropped or stayed level) So man is causing the warming by CO2 emissions, so by my calculations CO2 levels caused global warming 30yrs in the past, yes the supposed cause came AFTER the result. When you have a result before the cause your entire theory is a lie and false.

Basically the thing is they haven't PROVEN that man is causing it, they haven't even PROVEN it's happening (watch recent news reports they don't even call it global warming anymore this year, now it's global climate change) and yet they want to have us pay for a fix, destroy our economy even more, give them trillions of dollars to fix it when they don't even know what is causing it. What if they do something to stop the current supposed trend of warming and greenhouse affect the earth is going through then find out all the warming was actually caused by the current high level solar activity that is a PROVEN fact, and then we find out that the rise in CO2 is natures natural defense against the following solar cool period and since we did away with it because we didn't understand what was really going on plunge the entire planet into a Ice age the likes of which the planet has never seen? ONLY fact in this entire thing is they don't KNOW squat and I personally think it's a bad idea to tamper with what nature is doing trying to fix something that appears to not even be a problem.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Has anyone seen the show on satellite where these airplane museums go find old crashed WW2 planes in hard to get to areas, take them apart, haul them out with helicopters, ship them home, and then restore them? There was an old plane from WW2 they found in Iceland I think. It was buried under a couple hundred feet of ice and snow. It had built up on top of it since it crash landed 68 years ago. If things are melting, why did this plane get 4-5' of ice on it every year? They melted a big hole thru the ice and took it apart and hauled it up thru the hole and carried it home to be restored. Things that make you go hmmmm.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts