460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sure do love my truck. Its a 74 460/C6 2wd warmed over nicely. The truck is a Supercab and I need a nicer bench seat for it. I need access to the rear space with its two jumpseats for the kids, and I am considering updating to a later model seat that is nicer and more comfy all around. Electric controls and heated surfaces might be nice but not necessary. Who here has found a great seat that fits the F250 that they could recommend for me? Doesn't necessarily need to be a Ford seat, but it does need to be split 60/40 or 50/50 for rear access. If you could post a pic of your awesome truck's interior, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Roy

· Registered
1,389 Posts
Are you against Buckets in the front??

If not.. Get a set of front buckets and the first row seat from a Ford Aerostar van. You'll have to make brackets to fit them to the truck floor but they work pretty well. Also Ford Bronco seats work pretty good, the passenger seat also folds and flips up for easier access to the back seats.

· Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Buckets would be an option for me, but I have sometimes have 4 passengers in the truck (3 kids). So on the Aerostar the first row seat fits into the jump seat area? If so I could put 3 in the back and use buckets in the front. Do you have any pics or know who I could ask for pics of that setup? Didn't think about improving the 2 jumpseats to one bench in the back, that might work!!!! I think buckets are much more comfortable, great idea. Thats what I'm asking for here!!! Please keep the ideas coming. Thanks, Roy

· Registered
1,389 Posts
I dont have any pictures but I can say ive logged many hours in the back of my buddies 78 ext. cab going on trips to truck pulls. With the bench seat its a little tight if your prett tall sitting in the back.. kids would hvae no problems though.

· Registered
476 Posts
I have 2 super cabs. A 75 and a 78. The 78 has the two jumpseats, the 75 F150 SuperCab has a bench seat in the back and front. It seats 6 where the 79 seats 5.

I have been told that the Super cab floor panels have the exact same seat holes and dimples etc that the 78-79 bronco's had. The bronco stuff is supposed to be a direct fit.
Or you could find a bench from another Super cab and run buckets in the front. The full bench from a Super folds flat for storage space. Not sure about the bench from a Bronco.

· Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't know the Super Cab rear bench folds flat, that's the way I'll go. I'll keep my eyes open for the 78-79 Bronco buckets then. Just put the 23 inch Lokar nostalgia shifter in the truck today. It's pretty cool, I hate the column shift. Took me most of the day to do the job, lots of interruptions, but it fits the shape of the dash just perfect.... Just have to adjust it and hook up the wires for the back up lights. Thanks, Roy

· Banned
9 Posts
Hi all. I recently encountered nasty salt stains on my car carpet and decided to look for solutions to remove salt stains on carpet. It's good that a friend advised to pay attention to the article How to remove salts stains from car seats and carpets, which tells about reliable methods for removing such spots. Now I don't have such problems and it just took a little effort. I advise you to pay attention to this method if you want the interior of the car to be clean. I recommend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts